Prince of Persia Behind-the-Scenes Shows Parkour, Sexy Abs

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Prince of Persia Behind-the-Scenes Shows Parkour, Sexy Abs

Do you want to take a look behind the scenes of Jerry Bruckheimer's Prince of Persia film adaptation starring Donnie Darko and Donnie Darko's well-muscled bare chest? Of course you do.

From Street Fighter and Wing Commander to Max Payne and Doom, videogame movies have a disturbingly poor success rate. If there's any one game-to-film adaptation that stands an honest chance at being genuinely good, though, it's the Prince of Persia adaptation made by the people who turned a freaking Disneyworld ride into a swashbuckling adventure on the high seas, and starring that one guy who played the gay cowboy who was in love with the Joker.

This latest behind-the-scenes look at leading man Jake Gilliananderson has some footage we've seen before in the surprisingly decent trailer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95880-The-Prince-of-Persia-Movies-First-Trailer-is-Surprisingly-Good], but also some brand-new stuff that we haven't yet seen before. There's plenty of action, with the eponymous Prince of Persia (or, as the movie knows him, Prince Dastan) running his way across rooftops, being generally acrobatic in fights, and making silly faces at pretty harem girls.

Oh, and Jake G (no relation to Kenny) has clearly been doing his prep work for this role, as we see when he takes off his shirt. I mean, we aren't talking King-Leonidas-in-300 ripped or anything, but damn! Guy's looking good! I admit to still being kind of bummed that they didn't end up casting the genuine Persian prince for the role, but Jake Gellopudding may end up doing a solid job of it nonetheless.

(Kotaku [http://www.latinoreview.com/news/hot-and-sexy-new-prince-of-persia-featurette-8795?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latinoreview+(Latino+Review)])

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Hmm, Dastan. Never though that'd be his name.

More on topic, don't know whether or not I'll like this. The Prince seems to be a smug, cocky, smooth talking cockhead from the dialogue we've seen so far, but who knows, maybe it'll be good.

hansari

May 31, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
I admit to still being kind of bummed that they didn't end up casting the genuine Persian prince for the role, but Jake Gellopudding may end up doing a solid job of it nonetheless.
Did they hire any Persians/Arabs to have a leading role in this film? I mean, maybe there is a shortage in Hollywood, but come on.

What about the Princess? Are you telling me you couldn't find a single attractive Bollywood gal to pretend to lead on Jake Gylkdjsa;fkj

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
interesting that we haven't seen any leaps of faith gone wrong then time travel back yet, will they ignore that aspect to make room for more puns and one liners, we can only hope.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
Wow, I couldn't actually stop laughing at "Jake Gellopudding" I think I might actually have broken something.

Aaaaanyhoo this looks like it be pretty good, even if the G-Man is pretty rediculous.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I've had my hopes shattered on the unforgiving sharp jagged rocks of reality far too many times to still be an optimist. On the flip side, since I expect this film to suck it will be a nice surprise if it doesn't.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I'm actually looking forward to this.

And despite The Sands of Time being one of my favourite games, I'm not one of these guys that cums his pants every time something is changed in an ADAPTATION.

Just have to wait and see.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
Dastan....fits quite nicely i must admit.

finally after his games he has been granted a name.
takes away some magic though,i'd rather hear his name being said by the Prince in the game.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
At 1:37 in the video, if that was Kratos, he wouldn't have ran away..

I still don't think this will be good, but it looks promising.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
AndyFromMonday said:
Please let this be a good movie, please let this be a good movie, please let this be a good movie...
Let it be the one shining gem stone in an otherwise dull and bland genre of movies...

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Jake Gyllenhaal has always been a fantastic actor, if anyone can pull of The Prince Of Persia it will be him. And DAMN look at those abs!

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
It has good hands working on this movie with good directors and Disney behind it. May make a good movie in terms of movies.. but as a fan of the game series it may rape my eyes and ears.