Princess Zelda Returns in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U And 3DS

edgecult

May 4, 2011
Hrm... it's neat and I loved playing her in melee at least.. So at least I got someone I can play.. but still waiting to hear who if anyone they're going to pull from the new Fire Emblem. I expect Chrom but curious if they pull some other fan favorite to sneak in as well... (and of my course my ever pipe dreamish hope of them sniping Flynn from SMT 4 for this too sense Atlus and Nintendo are getting all snuggly with the whole SMT/Fire emblem cross over game. Make for interesting marketing to plug them together in their big sales driving cross over event game after all.)

edgecult

May 4, 2011
Gearhead mk2 said:
McMarbles said:
Fingers crossed for Palutena, Jill Dozer, Lucina...
Marth is in, so I don't think Lucina's gonna make the cut. In terms of new characters I'm sill holding out hope for Chrom, and for female characters I'm just hoping they realise what a terrible idea using Other M Samus is and change it to the Zero Mission or Prime version.
Wouldn't be to hard to believe they might sneak Lucina in as an alt marth skin at the very least, a touch of fan service for relatively little change to the character model and such. Worst part would be the additional voice set -shrug-

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
likalaruku said:
I'm glad she has her Twilight Princess look; As a blonde, she just looks like Link in drag.
First, that made me laugh harder than I care to admit.

I just wish Peach & Zelda has weapons or were super strong. It would be cool to see them bodyslamming opponents to the concrete.
Second, I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. It always bothered me that Peach and Zelda were rather weak and, quite frankly, really crappy in comparison to the rest of the roster. Peach moved so slow and clunky and her moves and attacks lacked any oomf. Zelda was the same, but her strength relied on magic, which was very projectile reliant if I remember correctly. However, projectiles aren't something you should really rely on in a melee based combat game, like this one here. Her strongpoint was really Sheik, who at least was a good evasive character, quick and agile and able to dodge attacks. Either both need to be easier and less awkward to control or they need to buff their basic attacks.

I don't think this is the end of Sheik. Sheik was the only thing going for Zelda anyway. Otherwise, she's just so close to a Peach clone with all the crappy moves and movements. :p

Dark Knifer

May 12, 2009
Could we confirm some characters that weren't in the previous games please? As opposed to the ones we have come to expect? It's getting kind of obnoxious all these big character announcements from characters that have been in the game since melee or even the first game.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Evil Smurf said:
Fun fact, Twilight Princess had the best design of all Zelda games.

Can you imagine cross platform SSB? Going to your friends house and paying against him/her on your DS while he/she is on the WiiU. Well at least making the game multiplayer on the same consoles would be good.

I'm pumped for this game, I'm definitely buying the game for a friend with a DS so I can play against her.
>_> TP had so much potential. So much... But they half-assed it. And instead of giving it one more try, they dumped it and moved to Windwaker to continue that over TP. It's not fair, I tell you!

OT: I could imagine a lot of things that would be great for cross-platform but the current way things are run will, of course, not allow this. *shrug* The benefit of such a system, though, is, of course, competition, which leads to better quality products.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
Great to hear Zelda is back but what of Sheik? Will he be back or is he on the chopping block?

Would be great to know that if Nintendo would hurry up with character announcements. For the love of Glob, we're up to 20 characters and Rosalina was the first new character to be named after E3?! STEP IT UP, PEOPLE!

Also, not to bang on this issue again, but you need a better title for your next SSB game because Super Smash Bros for 3DS and WiiU does not cut it. How about Super Smash Bros Showdown or Super Smash Bros Rumble. If you went with the latter, it would be a good way to bring in ring announcer Michael Buffer to introduce Punch Out's own Little Mac (hint, hint, nudge, nudge).

Final note: if you do bring in Little Mac, have a skin where Mario is wearing his boxing ref attire from Mike Tyson's Punch-Out. Just a thought.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
If Sheik is chopped out then I will be very very sad.
Oh, and where the hell is my Captain Falcon? He's a legacy character if anything and I want him to return to his former Melee glory, before they nerfed him like crazy in Brawl. >.>