PrintWarcraft Now Offers Custom WoW Posters

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
PrintWarcraft Now Offers Custom WoW Posters

Seeking yet another avenue in which to immortalize your pixelated World of Warcraft persona? PrintWarcraft's new line of posters has you covered.

Maybe the high price tag of craft a machinima love letter [http://www.figureprints.com/] to your lil' Night Elf Rogue. If so, a poster from PrintWarcraft might just be the thing for you.

The company lets WoW fans craft a poster based directly on the information found in their World of Warcraft Armory account for a completely reasonable $18 to $30 price tag.

Most surprisingly, the actual "poster creation" section of the website goes far beyond what you'd expect from a simple cash grab. There are dozens of templates and poster orientations for you to choose from, and each of them can then be customized to your liking. Even if you don't want to spend the cash for a poster, you should take a look at the creation utility, as crafting one of these things is a surprisingly entertaining procedure.

If you're interested, PrintWarcraft's services can be found at the firm's official website [http://www2.printwarcraft.com/homepage.html], of by following a link directly from the official World of Warcraft home page.

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Nice, might consider getting one,
lot more reasonable than the custom action figure but hell,
Im going to get a figurine sooner or later

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Bummer, they don't let us do it unless we currently have an active account.

Letting us play with the tools and perhaps buy a poster should have nothing to do with whether we are currently playing the game.

I can't guarantee but I might have bought the poster if I liked what I saw. That's $18 to $30 they can kiss goodbye.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Fearzone said:

Letting us play with the tools and perhaps buy a poster should have nothing to do with whether we are currently playing the game.

I can't guarantee but I might have bought the poster if I liked what I saw. That's $18 to $30 they can kiss goodbye.
You're upset because they won't let people who don't play World of Warcraft monkey around with a service designed specifically for WoW players? Congrats dude, you gave me a raging headache.

oneplus999

Oct 4, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
Fearzone said:

You're upset because they won't let people who don't play World of Warcraft monkey around with a service designed specifically for WoW players? Congrats dude, you gave me a raging headache.
Since he said active account, I assume he is an old wow-player who is not currently paying the monthly subscription.

The reason probably isn't spite or stupidity or not caring though, I assume that the data just isn't available on armory. Did you check that? If you can't look yourself up on http://wowarmory.com , then they can't look you up either to make the print.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Fearzone said:

Good. I'm glad I gave you a raging headache. It brightens my day.

To clarify a point where I'm surprised clarification is needed: I used to have a WoW account. I still have fond memories of two of my characters, and wouldn't mind making a poster of them. Their data still exists in the armory. Or at least on my account, which should be transferable to the armory. Bottom line though, they said I couldn't access the feature because my account is inactive.

Still, money is money, even if we have never touched WoW--I can't see why a non-WoW player would want to do this either, but if they did, then why not let them? Should they refuse to sell horde and alliance beer steins to non-WoW players?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
oneplus999 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Fearzone said:

Since he said active account, I assume he is an old wow-player who is not currently paying the monthly subscription.

The reason probably isn't spite or stupidity or not caring though, I assume that the data just isn't available on armory. Did you check that? If you can't look yourself up on http://wowarmory.com , then they can't look you up either to make the print.
Characters on inactive accounts stick around for a while. I haven't logged into my DK since August but she's still on there. Same with my loladin.

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Fearzone said:
Good. I'm glad I gave you a raging headache. It brightens my day.

To clarify a point where I'm surprised clarification is needed: I used to have a WoW account. I still have fond memories of two of my characters, and wouldn't mind making a poster of them. Their data still exists in the armory. Or at least on my account, which should be transferable to the armory. Bottom line though, they said I couldn't access the feature because my account is inactive.

Still, money is money, even if we have never touched WoW--I can't see why a non-WoW player would want to do this either, but if they did, then why not let them.
Yes, I get that, I'm just amazed that you've got such an insane sense of entitlement that even though you are no longer paying for a subscription you feel you should have access to all the same sorts of privileges offered to people who do offer up a monthly tithe to Blizzard. The word "petulant" comes to mind, mostly because swearing at you would be too easy.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
Earnest Cavalli said:
Yes, I get that, I'm just amazed that you've got such an insane sense of entitlement that even though you are no longer paying for a subscription you feel you should have access to all the same sorts of privileges offered to people who do offer up a monthly tithe to Blizzard. The word "petulant" comes to mind, mostly because swearing at you would be too easy.
Um... lol?

Where is the sense of entitlement about paying $18 to $30 for a poster?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Fearzone said:
Bummer...
Wow, didn't expect a flame to occur here. I've been able to access toons on the armory without having an active account, so if you aren't finding yours, you might want to check in on that and make sure that account is still yours. Blizz doesn't erase toons or accounts for lack of use, only for legit reasons like serious breeches of the TOA.
Either case I find this awesome, and didn't even have to log in to build up a template. You just gotta log in to save it and share with friends, and of course to actually get it printed.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Hey, my night elf's a druid. And she's damn hot.

What? Don't give me that look. She's shapeshifted 95% of the time, so all I see is Cat Form.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Great JT said:

What? Don't give me that look. She's shapeshifted 95% of the time, so all I see is Cat Form.
Suuuuuuuuure she is. :D

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I'm somewhat in the same boat as FearZone, I'd love to get a poster of my character (hell I'd pay more to get an epic poster of 2 or 3 of my best chars) but my current predicament is that my dorm blocks all ports, so I can no longer log into wow and change around my character's gear. I was almost ready to order a poster of my Bloodelf Paladin, in BT/T6 gear but I noticed that he was still wearing his fugly starter green shirt and I bashed my head against my desk. So it's a shame I'm unable to swap my gears out (and some of the stance choices are just odd with certain gear pieces, ie running my guy's 2h covered his whole body; hope they put in a rotate option soon)
Oh well, maybe in a year when I'm back in the states I'll be able to order one.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It's interesting, sure. But I'd much rather have the chance to poster-print something of my own creation. Ten minutes with Model Viewer and Paint Shop Pro could net me an image much more exciting than what the site lets me do.

Fearzone

Boyz! Boyz! Boyz!
Dec 3, 2008
All I'm saying is: maybe there is a market out there for ex-WoW players should the producers of this service choose to capture it.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Susan Arendt said:
The Great JT said:

Suuuuuuuuure she is. :D
I'll have you know, Susan, that I ALSO play a female Night Elf Druid who is shapeshifted 95% of the time.

It could happen!

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
An old gaming center in my town did something like this...except the guy couldn't make a picture like this. Basically he too k a screen shot of your character printed it on vinyl or some kind of paper and put your character's name and server on it.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Fearzone said:
samsonguy920 said:
Fearzone said:
Bummer...
Wow, didn't expect a flame to occur here.
Me neither. This brings me right back to the days of Barren's Chat... now who would want to give that up?
Actually Barrens chat has been quiet lately in my current realm, maybe with BC and WotLK there's a new hangout region, probably Dragonblight. Makes me nostalgic for the days of Vanilla WoW. Maybe Barrens will get to be the place to be again come Cataclysm. One can hope.
Gormourn said:
No, actually after some time your characters do disappear from the armory - I haven't had an active account for over a year, and it's still mine... And after about a few months (maybe 6 months?) after deactivation, your characters no longer appear in Armory.
That kinda sucks, but doesn't surprise me with the problems Blizz has been having with Armory. Frankly I'm too nervous to go in there for fear it will crash into a black hole and take me with it. I was quite impressed how the creation system worked so well with Armory, maybe the company that put that together did a better job than Blizz did making Armory which was supposed to work quite well with the actual game.
And if you got lost in that sentence, it's ok.