Prison Architect Kitchen Efficiency

Tyranicus

Feb 8, 2008
I'm currently building a prison to support 250 prisoners. I was wondering how big of a kitchen I would need support them with 2 cantinas

Orange12345

Aug 11, 2011
Well according to the wikia http://prison-architect.wikia.com/wiki/Kitchen

1 cook making medium quality meals can provide for 20 inmates 250/20= 12.5 rounding up you need 13 cooks and cookers
1 serving table serving medium quality meals provides 40 trays 250/40= 6.25 rounding up you need 7 serving tables

as for fridges and sinks it doesn't really say but I'm gonna guess about 13 fridges and 7 sinks

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
inu-kun said:
Never played the game, but keep them away from that oil fryer...
You monster, WHY WOULD YOU MAKE ME THINK OF THAT? I had just nearly forgotten it...

uncle_yuri

Oct 23, 2013
Judging from my experience, you'd need one about the size of Ohio since they insist on not preparing enough food.

Seriously though, I've had much better luck making a bunch of decentralized canteens, even with much smaller prisons. I had a prison that got up over 100 and was still using one central canteen, but due to some poor design decisions I had to allot three hours for meals because it took up to two hours to walk there from the slave pits reformative workshop area.

In all my prisons (Alpha 28), the kitchen AI has proven it needs some work still. The cooks never, repeat NEVER, grab enough food from the deliveries area and consistently undershoot on the amount of meals. I'm willing to write that off to some subtle architecture flaws though.