Prison Sentences in the Mass Effect Universe

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
While doing Samara's recruitment mission in my latest replay, I came to think about how the different lifespans of the different alien species would effect prison sentences or if it should be considered at all.

For example a life sentence for a Human in today's prisons is 25 years, approximately a quarter of the Human lifespan. So therefore, if a Human, Asari and Salarian all commited the same crime, lets say murder, and were all given a life sentence should they all receive the same amount of jail time or be given a sentence that reflects their respective lifespans, 25 for the human, 250 for the Asari and 10 for the Salarian.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
of course they wouldnt recive the same sentence time, that would be giving the assari a free pass...

but then things get kind of complicated in regards to WHO is putting these people on trial...I mean it makes sense if its before the council

OR mabye each race is made to deal with its own, to ensure an "apropriate" sentence, I dont know how inter-galactic poltics works of coarse

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
Each race has likely developed their appropriate sentences prior to meeting in space and unifying under the council. It's likely that those penalties owuld continue to apply.

WINDOWCLEAN2

Jan 12, 2009
The Krogans I think have the easiest form of prison sentence, for them I assume that 'Life sentence' will roughly equate to going for a nice dinner with a Thresher Maw.

Other species i'm not so sure on.....(Although I'd love to see an Elcor court hearing)