Private Cybercrime Outfit Exposes Chinese Hackers

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
Yes, I know irony can be pretty ironic at times. However, just because (for example) I'm Catholic doesn't mean I have to be obsessed with the end of the mortal coil. Granted, some people are, but I believe it's the quality of life that was the point, not how soon death occurs. Live well and enjoy yourself. Be a good guy and try not to kill anyone. Wasn't that the message of George Carlin? Yes, I know this is a pasttime to some people. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Much like my obvious connection to Fallout, it's just a thing.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
Yes, I know irony can be pretty ironic at times. However, just because (for example) I'm Catholic doesn't mean I have to be obsessed with the end of the mortal coil. Granted, some people are, but I believe it's the quality of life that was the point, not how soon death occurs. Live well and enjoy yourself. Be a good guy and try not to kill anyone. Wasn't that the message of George Carlin? Yes, I know this is a pasttime to some people. Doesn't mean I have to like it. Much like my obvious connection to Fallout, it's just a thing.
You know, there is a reason i keep the theme of mayana apocalypse around, falling dogs from the sky FTW :D
but humans are obsessive in thier nature. we obsess over small things all the time. look at the hate ME3 crowd, hate EA crowd, love nintendo crowd, PS4 rage discussion crowd (though admitedly this was much more tame than i expected it to be). we obsess over great many things, not just death.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
You are right, of course, though the groups you mentioned are not merely obsession but cases of Unpleasable Fanbase, Justifiable Homicide, Rabid Fanhood, and speculating over too many possibilities and not enough facts. I've kept out of the last one because nothing is definite there unless we see a released product.

Of course, MOST of this site hates EA's guts, so it's a fair assumption to say that some of them have a good reason. And really, the amount of things we hop all over are - many times - dumb things they said or commented on. See, I don't think EA is the devil, per se. I just think they're morons. If they're evil, then it's Dr. Evil who is only quasi-good at his job, unless he's actualy a villain who obsfucates for the fun of it. I don't need to hate 'em, just agree that not everything they've said or done is for me. I still have Red Alert 3 and Swtor (though I don't pay money for the latter).

Anyway, obsessions will always happen, but do we really need the MORBID ones? I am a mad creator of abomination who enjoys Poe, Lovecraft, King, and so on. I have developed creature and god, or mortal and demon - lunacy across the board as I choose with terrible things afoot. I sing the body horrific and celebrate the macabre. It still does not follow that I should obsess over it if I don't want to. Other people flood us with this stuff. It makes one yearn for light-hearted comedy to counter it.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
You are correct, but i never claimed that we should encourage it. merely that it exists and there are reasons for it.

P.S. capcha is no exception, its opsesed too: "this is sparta"

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
rhizhim said:
Strazdas said:
And this is how you start a WW3....
nope. the chinese have been doing this since hackers became a word.
they were just neglected in favor of the "evil" russian hackers.

and also because china trying to buy out hollywood and other media for propaganda.
see red dawn remake and its production history.
Im not talking about doing this, im talking about ousting this to general public. that creates much more conflict than the actual fact of hacking.
China is pretty good on making their own porpaganda movies as well. and them movies are damn great (IP man for example) anyway.
And as if there isnt enough "america fuck yeah" propaganda in hollywood anyway :p

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
And this is how you start a WW3....
Gilhelmi said:
wombat_of_war said:
wont be long before something sparks off a full scale cyberwar as its seen as a way to attack without all the messy part of dropping bombs, etc
Yet...

Any Cyber-war that starts online, will most likely end in a real-world war. All it would take is one side finding the other sides hackers. Then comes the "precession strikes", then comes more posturing, which usually breaks down in to a real war.

Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock, the Doomsday Clock goes Tick-Tock.
I'm sorry, but 2012 came and went. Can we drop the 'end of the world' schtick, guys? I'll never understand this morbid curiosity people have with wondering how they'll snuff it. Why not use that energy on figuring out how we'll LIVE instead, the ultimately more likely scenario? I may like Fallout, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
I never believed the 2012 theory.

I do live for today, Carpe Diem, harvest you fields today for tomorrow it might storm causing you to lose your crop. I prepare today because I see storm clouds in the sky. History is repeating itself, over and over again. I have studied history, I have seen it before. Before WW2, Before WW1, Before the American Civil War, all these things seem to be coalescing again. Rising tensions between the US and China, a weakening world economy, five different groups in the US considering another "Bleeding Kansas" (both extreme liberal and conservative) heightened violence.

There is still time though, but if the situation does not resolve in 10-15 years though. War will break out.

Spuds

Jan 13, 2013
Gilhelmi said:
I do live for today, Carpe Diem, harvest you fields today for tomorrow it might storm causing you to lose your crop. I prepare today because I see storm clouds in the sky. History is repeating itself, over and over again. I have studied history, I have seen it before. Before WW2, Before WW1, Before the American Civil War, all these things seem to be coalescing again. Rising tensions between the US and China, a weakening world economy, five different groups in the US considering another "Bleeding Kansas" (both extreme liberal and conservative) heightened violence.

There is still time though, but if the situation does not resolve in 10-15 years though. War will break out.
There were different reasons for all those wars, i am iffy on your American civil war. Anyways i have always wondered if a modern World War would be LESS devastating because of nuclear weapons.

Gilhelmi

The One Who Protects
Oct 22, 2009
Spuds said:
Gilhelmi said:

There were different reasons for all those wars, i am iffy on your American civil war. Anyways i have always wondered if a modern World War would be LESS devastating because of nuclear weapons.
The Firefly and Battlestar Galactica are different TV shows but they have similar themes. The stories are different, but the are the same genre of TV show.

Likewise, in the year preceding War, people take similar actions. As the Ancient saying goes "the Wind and Trees are trembling with fear".

During Bleeding Kansas, Kansas had a civil war of its own. The Pro-North vs the Pro-South. Crimes ranging from Voter Fraud all the way up to murder, were committed.

I hope I am wrong, but I will keep my emergency supplies ready. Just in Case.