Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Trial By Fire

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Just watched all of the episodes so far. I have to say, this series seems to have some potential. Maybe work on more consistent acting. Some people nail the lines, and others blow them badly. In this day of digital video, it's not like you have to do things in one take, but that's what this show feels like sometimes. Also, I'm not sure why they call it Pro-Gamer "Gauntlet". Seem like some other word (perhaps "guild" or something) would work better there. The show doesn't seem to have anything to do with a gauntlet.

Chase Yojimbo

The Samurai Sage
Sep 1, 2009
So... RPG is fucking insane... Still love the show though, it's nice to have another show that revolves around Video Games and not randomly formulated ideas that once in a while are videogames, it's like we have Doomsday Arcade back, though I doubt it will be as epic. PgG has much to prove before they can match themselves against DdA.

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
"I may have set him on fire...with gasoline."

I tipped over my chair...an office chair, with five wheels, next to a wall...My head and lungs hurts.

-V

Andrew Ready

Nov 2, 2010
Irridium said:
So...

How did the client's Ice Resistance training go?
The original plan was to dump him out of a plane somewhere over the Antarctic tundra, unfortunately due to budgetary shortcomings...well...you know...

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
The guy playing RPG is funny and genuinely good at acting. The other guy talking to him at the table might need to work on his acting, you could tell he was trying too hard not to smirk.
I'm not sure about this series...might need to give it some more time.

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Avaholic03 said:
Also, I'm not sure why they call it Pro-Gamer "Gauntlet". Seem like some other word (perhaps "guild" or something) would work better there. The show doesn't seem to have anything to do with a gauntlet.
From this episode I'd say training with RPG counts as "running the gauntlet".

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
Great stuff PgG Team! I was a little skeptical on how these new shorter episodes would work out, all my doubt has been swept away with comedic rupees.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Morthas said:
Am i the only one who Doesn't like this show?
Well generally when people don't like a show they don't watch it, and then thus don't comment on it because they didn't watch it to know what to comment on. So there are other people who don't like it, you just wont find them in the comments of there videos.

Gladiateher

Mar 14, 2011
I feel like they over dramatized the part where he was pushing the car and doing pushups. RPG was right about those increasing strength and endurance. For reezy this was hirarious though.

Paul Hearding

Creator of Pro-gamer Gauntlet
Oct 1, 2010
Vornek said:
"I may have set him on fire...with gasoline."

I tipped over my chair...an office chair, with five wheels, next to a wall...My head and lungs hurts.

-V
You, sir, just made my night. I hope you have recovered from the fall and glad we could bring a laugh to your day.

Andrew Ready

Nov 2, 2010
Vanguard_Ex said:
The guy playing RPG is funny and genuinely good at acting.
Compliment appreciated.

Gladiateher said:
I feel like they over dramatized the part where he was doing pushups.
>.> He actually had problems doing the pushups...that chainmail shirt he was wearing weighs 45lbs.

FogBird

Apr 8, 2010
I LOVE THIS SERIES!
ֱֲֲֲֳֳֳֳִִִִֵֵֶַַָָֹׂׂ