Pro-Gamer Gauntlet: Trial By Fire

messy

Dec 3, 2008
"Did I stutter? Wind-sprints!"

Can we get this on a t-shirt?

OK this is actually hilarious, "...in the heat of the moment, no pun intended..."

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
Morthas said:
Am i the only one who Doesn't like this show?
Well generally when people don't like a show they don't watch it, and then thus don't comment on it because they didn't watch it to know what to comment on. So there are other people who don't like it, you just wont find them in the comments of there videos.
The angry comments on angry dogs did get it cancelled eventually even though it was escapist's pet project (hehe). I guess people have just stopped expecting video series on escapist to be any good anymore.

That being said I LOVE THIS SERIES!

Vornek

Jan 25, 2011
Paul Hearding said:
Vornek said:
"I may have set him on fire...with gasoline."

I tipped over my chair...an office chair, with five wheels, next to a wall...My head and lungs hurts.

-V
You, sir, just made my night. I hope you have recovered from the fall and glad we could bring a laugh to your day.
I recovered from the fall, wasn't much in the sense of damage, just a scratch and an itch. Luckily no one was there to watch it, and it was totally worth it.

Happy to have made your night, keep on with the ridiculously funny series.

Now I just have to restrain myself from watching this show while other people are around.

-V

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It was around episode 2 that I suddenly realized: RPG Master is channeling Homestar Runner's "King of Town".

Mind you, he's doing it rather well...

Naterkix

Baron of Sealand
Oct 31, 2008
It'd probably be better to start with a match vs. your palm to start building fire resistance. Or maybe find a ring that somehow makes you immune to fire, no matter how much or where it hits you.

HydraMoon

From high atop the treehouse
May 3, 2011
Great mini-episode. Loved the crown on the car; little things like that make me laugh the hardest.

I did miss the quick banter this episode. I really love how fast Retro and RPG are on the witty retort and missed seeing this side of their characters. Retro had a bit but RPG seemed so subdued in the office that it felt a bit incongruous. It's a small and whiney-ass nitpick but it's the only thing I could say didn't fully work for me.

The cutaway with the arrow was hilarious as well as the 'We need to go' line outside the women's restroom. Liking the mini episodes so far.

itf cho

Custom title? Bah! oh wait...
Jul 8, 2010
JoelChenFA said:
The angry comments on angry dogs did get it cancelled eventually even though it was escapist's pet project (hehe). I guess people have just stopped expecting video series on escapist to be any good anymore.

I remember that show, somewhat. It was between seasons when I first joined The Escapist, and the first episode I saw was the trailer for season 2. It was hilarious... but I thought the comments were odd that nearly everyone was saying basically, "Wow... it was actually funny." So I watched the first 2 or 3 eps from season 1. Gods, what a snoozefest. Never watched again.

Sadly, we've lost some really good series since I joined...

Doraleous & Associates is in seemingly never-ending hiatus. Both A Good Knight's Quest and ENN are over. Even though Rebecca Mayes Muses was often very hit or miss with me, I enjoyed quite a few of them - especially the tune for Yahtzee. And even Lisa Foiles series has only made one episode in the last two months.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
o was already laughing waiting for when he would mention "resistances" XD

Man when was the last time where an RPG gave you increases in your resistances to the elemental powers the more damage you sustained from them? hmmm im sure there were games like that once upon a time. There's an RPG element i want back!

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
great, RPG and Horror are my favourites(I just like dark humour), but I have a question why is there no stealth master?

eafkuor

Nov 2, 2010
nuba km said:
great, RPG and Horror are my favourites(I just like dark humour), but I have a question why is there no stealth master?
Maybe there aren't enough stealth games to have a master

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
eafkuor said:
nuba km said:
or he is REALLY good at stealth

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
JoelChenFA said:
Eric the Orange said:
Morthas said:
Am i the only one who Doesn't like this show?
Well generally when people don't like a show they don't watch it, and then thus don't comment on it because they didn't watch it to know what to comment on. So there are other people who don't like it, you just wont find them in the comments of there videos.

Do you have any proof that the comments on the shows got Game Dogs canceled rather than it's poor ratings?

Penn0086

Nov 2, 2010
nuba km said:
eafkuor said:
nuba km said:
or he is REALLY good at stealth
Actually this will be addressed amusingly enough :D

As Paul has said before we've got a lot of story to tell and there is quite a bit of background built up for each character, it's just a matter of getting to know them first before we start dropping the big character stuff

Gladiateher

Mar 14, 2011
Andrew Ready said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
The guy playing RPG is funny and genuinely good at acting.
Compliment appreciated.

Gladiateher said:
I feel like they over dramatized the part where he was doing pushups.
>.> He actually had problems doing the pushups...that chainmail shirt he was wearing weighs 45lbs.
That makes sense don't get me wrong bro. Any kind of weighted pushups are tough, it's just the way retro reacted like "whoa wait you made him do pushups?". Idk don't dwell on it it's just my opinion.