Pro Wrestler Wants More Violence in Games

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
Pro Wrestler Wants More Violence in Games

WWE superstar Randy Orton is hoping developers will fight politicians and include "more violence" in games.

Randy Orton was recently in London promoting THQ's upcoming SmackDown vs. Raw 2009 release when he revealed to the crowd that games should be more violent than they currently are, even comparing them to cinematic classic Goodfellas.

"Violence sells. I want to see more violence in games - the more blood the better," he said.

Orton criticized parents who try to limit mature content in games, but "don't know their kids are watching South Park."

"The violence [in Goodfellas] is against human beings," said Orton, explaining the imbalance between movie violence and games'. "There's rape in movies - you see all kinds of f***ed up s*** on film."

Completing his comparison, he says the Martin Scorsese flick makes Grand Theft Auto IV look like "just a cartoon."

The former WWE champion owns his own Xbox 360 and Wii consoles. However, the birth of his daughter last month has kept him "too covered in poop" to play games.

Orton, one of the A-listers on WWE's Monday night RAW show, is currently out of action due to a broken collarbone suffered during a Last Man Standing match with coworker and current WWE Champion Triple H on June 1.

Source: PSP Updates [http://pspupdates.qj.net/WWE-s-Randy-Orton-wants-more-violence-in-games/pg/49/aid/123062]

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
He doesn't really make a compelling arguement, I see what he's TRYING to say, but he isn't saying it very well.

Satosuke

Dec 18, 2007
Hey Randy, don't fret. If the poop becomes too much to deal with, put it in some cranky woman's purse. It worked once before, no?

milskidasith

Jul 4, 2008
I get his point, but all those fake times his head was smashed with a chair must have led to some brain damage.

aegis7

Jun 20, 2007
I'm going to say he's trying to do a large-scale reverse psychology. He must be a mole for anti-video game lobbeyists.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
yeah, one of the shitty things about Wrestling games is you need to wail on someone for 20 minutes before blood starts showing, whereas if you cracked the butt of your shotgun over someones skull in say, GoW, or Kick/Punch someone in RE5, theres quite a lot of blood, AND it does alot of damage. Much more fun ^^

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Damn, why couldn't a wrestler I actually like say something like that, then I could agree and like them more. Now I just want a game dedicated to Randy Orton being pulverized.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Pfffffft. I can't even laugh at how silly this guy is. Way to break stereotypes about wrestlers and violence.

And with that, I blow a hole in somebody's chest, pull their intestines out through the hole, and use them to swing out of this thread.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
I like violence in video games, but not needless violence(unless thats the basis of the whole game, like saints row games).

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
milskidasith said:
I get his point, but all those fake times his head was smashed with a chair must have led to some brain damage.
What does he want? The ability to stab and rape Nuns?