Problems and Solutions

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Isn't there already a riddle thread? I thought this thread was something altogether different.

BTW, the chimney answer isn't smoke, it's an umbrella. Very common one.

Nugoo

Jan 25, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Akas said:
There's no windows in elevators.

Debra is laying dead on the floor of a room. There's not a mark on her and the only thing around her is glass and water. What happened?
Debra choked to death on a chunk of ice.

A steam engine is going westward at 50 miles an hour. The wind is blowing eastward at 30 miles an hour. Which direction is the smoke going?
Up, and a little west.

If you're in a race and you pass the person in 2nd, what position are you in?

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
Akas said:

Debra is laying dead on the floor of a room. There's not a mark on her and the only thing around her is glass and water. What happened?
debra is a fish and her fishbowl broke

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
thebobmaster said:
Akas said:

Debra choked to death on a chunk of ice.

A steam engine is going westward at 50 miles an hour. The wind is blowing eastward at 30 miles an hour. Which direction is the smoke going?
it would go west then east

Geoffrey42

Aug 22, 2006
Nugoo said:
thebobmaster said:
Up, and a little west.

If you're in a race and you pass the person in 2nd, what position are you in?
1. He never said it was a combustion powered steam engine. There might not be any smoke?

2. 2nd.

Riddle me this:

The safe bet in videogame development is to use what worked, tweak it, and sell it again. We all sit around and cry for innovation, but innovation is a very risky gamble (when it works, it works stupendously; when it fails, oo-boy what a show). What mechanisms could serve to incubate innovation without forsaking the interests of the shareholders?

knumpify

Feb 15, 2008
biomechanical engineering on the staff, and if that fails, sell the story to a game developer

Omnidum

Mar 27, 2008
The following sentence is false - the previous sentence is true. Is it true or false?

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
Problem: A Zeppelin has dropped too much water ballast to keep it at a constant altitude. (Therefore it is essentially falling up, slowly)
Since he ballast prevents the zeppelin from flipping over, which is now gone, it can not vent its lifting gas properly. How does one make sure the zeppelin doesn't crash?

Esmoreit

Oct 10, 2007
The_Logician19 said:
Parallel Streaks said:
It is smoke, now for my question.

Two men get into an elevator, one was carrying a rubber ball somewhere on his person. The other man got out a pack of cigerettes and offered the first man one, the first man took it and threw it out of the window. The second man punched the first man, the first man got up onto his hands and knees, the second man kicks the first man in the arse, the rubber ball disappeared. What is wrong with this statement?
Elevators don't have windows. Most of the time.

A decorated soldier dies in a war. Many people knew this man and loved him very much. At a memorial in his hometown people from another state come and shout slanderous things much akin to what you would find a troll saying (You are gay, god hates you, get out of America). Many grieving people are very angry. Things are bound to escalate if you don't do something about it. What do you do?
I actually though about this for some time and I came up with the perfect, non-violent solution. Poop. No seriously.

Let all attendees of the funeral take a dump in some buckets. Then proceed to empty said buckets over protestors. It is non-violent and the protestors will probably not be able to continue their protest. You will probably only be fined for littering which I would find totally acceptable. And a true soldier, even if it was on his funeral, would laugh at the thought.

If you are still affraid of consequences, say that the toilets in the memorial home where broken, the emmers filled up quickly and the protestors where in the way while emptying the buckets. Totally plausible excuse.

My problem now is... I'm busy trying to get the consultants in the company I work for to meet up with partners who we occasionally hire to do projects at company's using knowledge we don't have in our business. I'm tasked to create ways of knowledge sharing. I have a lot of bases covered, only thing I get hung up on is how to get them to met frequently and keep them motivated to do so for a long/indefinate period of time...
Any suggestions?

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
Anarchemitis said:
Problem: A Zeppelin has dropped too much water ballast to keep it at a constant altitude. (Therefore it is essentially falling up, slowly)
Since he ballast prevents the zeppelin from flipping over, which is now gone, it can not vent its lifting gas properly. How does one make sure the zeppelin doesn't crash?
um eather everyone needs to put on 50 pounds or they need to call an repair man.

zacaron

Apr 7, 2008
Omnidum said:
The following sentence is false - the previous sentence is true. Is it true or false?
is what true or false it doesnt say wich one to answer?