Professor Layton's Medical Mystery

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Professor Layton's Medical Mystery

Never let it be said we don't make you work for your punchlines.

Read Full Article

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Hehe this was pretty funny.
I'm sure the punchline is even funnier, but I'm too goddamn lazy for it.

Leonardo Huizar

Jul 1, 2012
Shot in the dark: "You have Cancer"

...but why would you need x-ray for that, clinics usually test blood for a higher than normal white blood cell count. #unlessimwrongaboutthecancer

AliasBot

Jun 14, 2013
ROast eVAdE CUrrY ANvil CHasE
ROVAECUYANCHE
YOUHAVECANCER

Yeah, Leonardo got it right...definitely spend longer looking at this comic than I normally would, so that's a win for them, I guess...

PPB

May 25, 2009
Leonardo Huizar said:

...but why would you need x-ray for that, clinics usually test blood for a higher than normal white blood cell count. #unlessimwrongaboutthecancer
There's more to cancer than white blood cell count. Bone marrow cancers like leukaemias are often diagnosed from blood tests but a small lung tumour wouldn't do anything to your blood.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
AntiChrist said:
Wait, is it Tuesday already?
Whoops! Well, you get an early release of Critical Miss for this week. Do with it what you will!

Greg

Clovus

Mar 3, 2011
Uh oh, someone's mixed up all the chemo drugs. Match the drug labels to the flasks using the following information:

Cladribine is blue.
Bleomycin and Estramustine are never stored in Erlenmeyer flasks.
Idarubicin is always stored next to Cladribine, but never besides Hydroxyurea.
Estramustine is not green or yellow.
Ixabepilone is not orange. It is always stored in a cylindrical flask.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Greg Tito said:
AntiChrist said:
Wait, is it Tuesday already?
Whoops! Well, you get an early release of Critical Miss for this week. Do with it what you will!

Greg
We'll use this extra day to conquer the world with knowledge about Layton's private medical records.

OT: It took me some effort to solve this one, but I enjoyed it. Both a good joke and a good challenge. Yay.

Leonardo Huizar said:

Leukaemia is white blood cell count, lung cancer is chest X-ray followed by MRI, breast cancer is mammography and skin cancer is detected by taking a biopsy. This is all very simplified because I lack complete knowledge surrounding the procedures of detection and some of it might be wrong. However there are lots of ways to detect different kinds of cancer.

Also you were right with your solution. Good guess.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Oh yeah, the first word probably is "roast". My guess was "rotas" (still would have worked for the puzzle), I've been playing a scrabble game on my phone quite a bit lately so the words popping into my head are slightly less conventional...

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
So does this mean in the next game he's going start cooking Crystal Meth?
Layton Bad! This will be the plotline of the next crossover with Phoenix Wright.

OT: Good strip, got a chuckle. Bet the joke has been done before but that matters not.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Ah, that punchline was well worth the work for it.

And yes, I heartily expect the next Professor Layton game to have Luke (or whatever the companion's name is) going "Yeah, *****, puzzles!"

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
"Objective: Rearrange the internal organs so that the surgeon may safely extract the tumor without damaging any vital body parts."

Gotta say, I wish all jumbles were this entertaining.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
The doctor should have been Gregory House M.D. - He's about the only medical "professional" I can think of that would devise such a puzzle simply to piss people off.