Project Nevada Mod Brings Shooter Action to Fallout: New Vegas

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
What the game really needs is better, I don't know, bullet reactions? Like if a bad guy gets hit, he clutches the wound and stumbles a bit? More reactive to gunfire, basically.

Still seems cool.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
Jesus, who got all this shitty FPS in my RPG? Seriously, the way it was wasn't enough for you? You want it to be even MORE like Modern Warfare? Its actually a little sickening.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Ok, just a quick question, I didn't know about that mod for FO3 until I saw this article mentioning it and I want to download it, but it's only available on the FO Nexus, do I need to register to download from thre?

OT: It looks like a great mod, I'll download it eventually.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
matrix3509 said:
Jesus, who got all this shitty FPS in my RPG? Seriously, the way it was wasn't enough for you? You want it to be even MORE like Modern Warfare? Its actually a little sickening.
You realize it is a mod and has absolutely no effect on you unless you download it? Even then it won't have an effect on you if you don't play it. Unless you hold a gun to your head, and threaten to shoot yourself if you don't play it. Then that's really a not the game or mods fault.

OT: This mod actually now has me interested in New Vegas.

warrcry13

Jun 6, 2010
SupahGamuh said:
Ok, just a quick question, I didn't know about that mod for FO3 until I saw this article mentioning it and I want to download it, but it's only available on the FO Nexus, do I need to register to download from thre?

OT: It looks like a great mod, I'll download it eventually.

Yeah jsut register with fallout nexus. It also gives you access to Oblivion mods and dragon age mods. It's free too.

I'm going to word that a little better. If you register with fallout nexus, it registers you with all nexuses? (I don't know the plural form of nexus.) These are dragon age nexus, and oblivion nexus. I think that's all of em anyway. Registration is free. Hopefully that amkes more sense

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Intresting mod will be keeping an eye on this one. Really like the visor view, it's a really nice touch.

Not really bothered about the tackling and bullet time personally. Hope that gernade hotkey feature is good as the mod I'm using for a gernade hotkey seems to pick and choose when it wanted to work.

Keep up the good work New Vegas modders

Sep 14, 2009
wow this looks pretty awesome, i might give it a go eventually once its really up and running with patches, (i play in third person near always) so this mod wouldn't do too much for me, although i do love the sprinting part, it seems like in too many games people make the sprinting so damn slow =\

Apr 28, 2008
gibboss28 said:
GonzoGamer said:
TheRealGoochman said:
I wont lie, I usually don't get jealous of PC users for their mods....but in this case I sort of am a wee bit
For this game I was jealous. PC gamers had the only version that works.
haha...good one.
It does work. Just install the bug-fix compilation mod and your good to go.

OT: Looks awesome. But I never really fought much, I just talk my way across the Mojave, leaving the fighting to Boone and ED-I.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
Irridium said:
gibboss28 said:
GonzoGamer said:
TheRealGoochman said:
I wont lie, I usually don't get jealous of PC users for their mods....but in this case I sort of am a wee bit
For this game I was jealous. PC gamers had the only version that works.
haha...good one.
It does work. Just install the bug-fix compilation mod and your good to go.

OT: Looks awesome. But I never really fought much, I just talk my way across the Mojave, leaving the fighting to Boone and ED-I.
Well that'll have to be when I can be bothered to reinstall it. I got hit with the lovely bug that corrupted my save files and after that I just haven't bothered with it.

Balaxe

Mar 24, 2009
Its mods like this that make me regret being a console gamer over a PC gamer.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Taking a game that was too much of a crappy shooter in the first place and making it even more of a crappy shooter? I thought there were enough Call of Duties and Battlefields on the market already.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
this isnt my name said:
Seems useless.

The sprinting sees overpowered. Tackleing a BoS paladin over really.
Most of these mods are just low down dirty cheats. Ooooh realistic head shot damage... that doesn't count against the player. Charge tackles?... That the AI will never do? Running at 50 miles an hour? Yeah pretty sure the designers never built the AI for that? Doesn't even seem realistic. You put in a one-hit kill system but the AI charges right at you without looking for cover? That's... lame. Why do people want to give themselves all these extra abilities? It completely breaks the game. I'm fine with the game the way it was meant to be played, thanks.

NooNameLeft

Sep 15, 2009
Charcharo said:
This isnt that impressive of a mod....
So... why dont you write about MORE impressive mods like Lost Alpha or HL2 Wars....
The article missed some important stuff:

* Reduced Health for NPCs and the player
* Food&Drink no longer heal (optional)
* Weapon damage less skill dependant
* Complete revamp of grenades and explosions
* Rarer food and healing items
* Bartering skill has a much higher affect on buying and selling
* Higher availability for ammo crafting components

Right now Equipment is "to be announced" so we can probably expect many new weapons too.