Proof That Street Fighter IV's Plot is Ridiculous, In Chart Form

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Whoa. Just taking a quick glance at it, I cannot make heads or tails of it, in all honesty. And I love the Street Fighter series.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
CantFaketheFunk said:
I actually think BlazBlue's is more convoluted, but Street Fighter has the problem that there's a bunch of different canons. The different games, the animated movies, the UDON comic books...
I can attest to that. I played 100% on all of the characters in BlazBlues story mode and I still only have a rough understanding of the story.

Feb 13, 2008
randommaster said:
The Great JT said:
Shouldn't the plot of a Street Fighter game just be "punch fools in the head"?
Don't be rediculous, that would be boring and stupid.

You have to have kicking, too.
Unless you're Balrog.

And if Street Fighter 2 is bonkers, I DARE anyone to try and do King of The Fighters or Samurai Showdown.

[small]So, Tam Tam is Cham Cham's brother, who is also a monkey, and Gen An is married to Mai, who kills him...[/small]

Onichanbura

Aug 25, 2009
In street fighter iv, zangief's is the best. Basically he must beat up eight people in order to prove himself to a few eight year olds.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Kingdom Hearts (once you factor in Chain of Memories, 358/2 days and birth by sleep), Metal Gear Solid, Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, all of those are capable of seriously decimating this chart.

Nice attempt though.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
one glaring problem with this chart

there's no connection between C. Viper and Guile

CLEARLY, a connection (a very deep one) was made between the two of them

or is Skeet Fighter not considered part of the lore?

OH YEA GURRRL

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
300lb. Samoan said:
one glaring problem with this chart

there's no connection between C. Viper and Guile

CLEARLY, a connection (a very deep one) was made between the two of them

or is Skeet Fighter not considered part of the lore?

OH YEA GURRRL
Ugh. Please never mention that on these forums again. So gross.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I think all fighting games have messed up storylines. They have to have an alternate ending for each character, so you never know which is the real ending (Brawl could be an example, but there's the issue of how all those different universes fit into one).

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Not a complex relationship diagram at all.

But yeah, anyone who pays attention to the SF story is an idiot in my mind. Its first and foremost a fighting game, thus the anime should be watched for the fighting, not whatever story they scrub together. Story didn't work with the first Live Action film either, but I like to forget that ever happened.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
I guess my diseased brain understood what the fuck was going on in Street Fighter 4 without the need for flow charts. Or maybe, I was able to turn off the analytical part of the game long enough to say, "Fuck it- just go with it!"

It's a fighting game. We are not looking for award winning material. We do not need to bog down with details other how can kick our opponent's ass in the most creative manner possible. Plots in fighting games games are nonsensical, deep in the background, and quickly forgotten when we start playing.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were saying that a fighting game had a nonsensical and absurd plot merely used as a backdrop to people beating the shit out of each other.

Of course that's crazy talk.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
The most confusing plot point of all:- Akuma's Japanese name is Gouken...so...he's his own brother...

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
randommaster said:
The Great JT said:
Shouldn't the plot of a Street Fighter game just be "punch fools in the head"?
Don't be rediculous, that would be boring and stupid.

You have to have kicking, too.
Unless you're Balrog.[/small]
That's why Balrog is boring and stupid, along with Dudley.

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
I think I win. Have you SEEN the character connections chart for the TV show Lost?
This one is from BEFORE the crash even happens (I'll link since the images are quite large)
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/6/6c/Lostconnections.gif

This one is at the end of Season 2:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/lostpedia/images/3/33/Lostconnectionsweb.jpg

There isn't one for season 5, but I suppose it'd have at least 15 more characters and be twice as large.

Woe Is You

Jul 5, 2008
Megacherv said:
The most confusing plot point of all:- Akuma's Japanese name is Gouken...so...he's his own brother...
Gouki. It's Gouki. There's no confusion there. Gouki and Gouken.

Sep 4, 2009
Since 4 is a happens before 3 does this mean "Super Dynamic Cooking Time" ends before 3? Because if they add that into a DLC I will not be amused.

joystickjunki3

Nov 2, 2008
This is sweet. I usually go to EventHubs for advice on SF, but now I have an awesome chart to explain shit to me. SF and SC are now one and the same.