Prototype Xbox One Controller Emitted Smells

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Wow. I am REALLY glad they didnt go with this idea. Gamers venture into way too many places that have no chance of smelling pleasant!

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Personally I'd have gone with a screenless clickable touchpad, similar to the ones MacBooks have. It would let developers put "mouse-driven" menus into their games and not have to make them work with DVD remote style controls. I also would have shifted the bumpers to be underneath the triggers so people can press them with their middle fingers. But whaddaya gonna do.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
*Sniff, sniff*

Smells like...NIRVANA!!

Bit of a design flaw. Must be something burning in there. Definitely wanna recall that, boys.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Steven Bogos said:
Prototype Xbox One Controller Emitted Smells

"...and it made more sense to [not make players look down at a display], keeping the user's attention on the TV. We really want them to be immersed in the experience that's happening in front of them."
But having the player have to look away to the smartglass is any different? God I fucking hate smartglass. The sole reason I have no desire to pick up DR3 at all and, by proxy, an Xbone. And I was really looking forward to DR3...