Prove your existence.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
Easy way to find out. Incapacitate your ability to imagine in one way or another, and see if we're all still here.

Kyoufuu

Mar 12, 2009
How am I meant to know YOU exist? Why should I answer someone I'm not even sure exists?

Sprinal

Jan 27, 2010
I think therefore I am..

But relative to you. I can't physically actually prove it.

Animyr

Jan 11, 2011
Descartes, etc. If my existance is a deception and I'm really a hapless figment of someone else's imagination or something, I have to exist to be decieved. And somebody has a really active imagination.

Dunkerloop

Aug 8, 2011
I'd say "I think, therefor I am", but these days spambots are getting smarter so that no longer applies.
Hmm, I guess it is pretty hard to prove that I exist. Not really.

milna64

May 6, 2009
God I HATE this type of question. Because you CAN'T prove you are real, or that anything else is real. You just have to assume it to be able to derive anything of meaning in life. If at any time in an arguement someone says "Ahh but how can you prove that anything is real?" that argument is immediately over.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
I'll punch you in the face, and then we'll see hows real here PAL! *End Exaggeration*

But yeah, pain is the only way to prove my existence since when did figments hurt so god damn much?

Either that or poking you...

Csae

Sep 8, 2010
I proved my existence by creation.
I create works, things you could not.

The real question, is do YOU exist?

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
It's kinda impossible as you could be imagining all of us... or I could be imagining all of you :O so yeah, we are going to be here a while but in the mean time you might want to follow the rules of your imagination or you will end up being in an imaginary prison.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
"I think therefore I am."
-Plato
[footnote]Yes, I am aware that's Shakespeare, and Descartes said it...[/footnote]

sinterklaas

Dec 6, 2010
You will not ever be able to prove that you exist. A person can only prove itself exists.

I think, therefore I am. Everything outside my mind can be an illusion.

Char-Nobyl

May 8, 2009
krazykidd said:

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?" -Chuang tzu-

I have decided you are all fragments of my imagination.
*facepalm* You completely overlooked the main point of the quote: it's questioning your perception of yourself. But w/e. Moving on.

krazykidd said:
Prove to me that you aren't. Prove to me you exist. I am easily persuaded .
Why should I do that? I'm satisfied with my own existence, and I'm quite confident that you exist, too.

krazykidd said:
(i am not looking for pictures ,names , numbers or anything of the like. How does one prove their existance or the existance of others?)
Complicated version: You can't. And fully embracing that fact is what characterizes people with sociopathy. Alternatively, you can latch onto the idea that it's irrelevant whether or not other people exist. Their perceptions will never be your own, and therefore their existence only matters in how it affects your life.

Simple version: It doesn't matter. You can waste your life wondering if anything is real and if your senses can be trusted, or you can just live your life, even if only by the simple fact that if something is controlling your perceptions and whatnot, you have no control over it whatsoever and should therefore not waste time worrying about it.

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
krazykidd said:

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?" -Chuang tzu-

I have decided you are all fragments of my imagination. Prove to me that you aren't. Prove to me you exist. I am easily persuaded .

(i am not looking for pictures ,names , numbers or anything of the like. How does one prove their existance or the existance of others?)
Are you asking me to prove that I exist to you? Or that I myself Exist?
Descartes famously said "I think there for I am", the mere fact that he could ponder his own existence was proof enough that he existed, but as what and where is not as easy to prove.

Now for me to prove my existence to you is a bit harder, for am I just random generated words on the internet?

But isn't the mere fact that I am answering you a proof that I as words on the internet exist in some form for you here on this internet?

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
You can't. You can't prove your own existance. You'd have to use your own logic and perception, and senses. Hence, your own existance, is axiomatic, an assumption that must be made, for everything to exist, or be understandable. From your own senses, you can then percieve others, and know that they exist.