PS+ and 2D side scrollers.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Just as the PS4 was getting ready to be released, I got PS+ and was a huge fan, I was getting games there weren't even that old for free, far cry 3 for example.

Now, all I ever seem to get is 2D fucking side scrollers! My least favorite genre and the industry as a whole is obsessed with them.

This month we have towerfall ascension, Strider, Dead space 3, Vessel, LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes and Doki Doki Universe. six games, four are 2D side scrollers and I would argue that the only Dead space 3, maybe Lego, live up to when I first got it.

Last month we had NBA, Trine 2, Dragons sexual objectification Crown, Pixel Junk, Lone Survivor and Surge Deluxe. NBA is like lego, kind of into it but not really and the rest are all 2D side scrollers (ok, surge Deluxe is just a 2D).

May, Puppeteer, payday 2, Muramasa rebirth, everybody's golf and stick it to the man (I only did EU releases) and payday is the only game that isn't a 2D side scroller.

I know that they are mostly indies that are making these games but what is the obsession with them and why is PS+ so riddled with them?

GiantRaven

Dec 5, 2010
Because since they seem adamant about not repeating past PlayStation Plus games, they've completely ran out of games to provide.

No, I'm not bitter about having just bought a PS3 in the past few months. Not at all...