PS+ April: PS3 gets 3 games including Arkham City, PS4 gets... Mercanary Kings...

seditary

Aug 17, 2008
Mercenary Kings is the better game so I don't see a problem.

Its also pretty much brand new.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
krazykidd said:
FrozenLaughs said:
I'm not complaining about the quality of what is offered, I guess its more the balance of it. I feel like Sony isn't focusing on the PS4 early adopters. If PS3 gets 3 games, why doesn't the PS4? Im not knocking the quality of the indie games, I've enjoyed Zombie Nation quite a bit.

I guess after years of seeing 4 or 5 games a week added to everyones catalogs I expected Sony to pump out more ports and indie content to keep everyone's hopes high.
I get it, and i certainly understand you stance. People always said before the consoles launched, " wait a year before buying a console" , and this is why. Games take time to make , about 2-4years . Considering the ps4 came on in november 2013 , games would have been in developpement since at the very least 2011, for a console that, in 2011 wasn't even announced. How do you make a game, for an unnanounced console with unnanounced specs?

Launch games never show the true potential of a console at launch for this very reason. And it's also the reason people say to way. 20 years ago, games took 3-6 months to make , now they take 3 years. It's why , in my opinion, there were many more, quality games ( reletive to technology at the time ) closer to launch. We might have to wait a year or two before we start to get amazed at the games being produced ( not to say we aren't going to get astonishif games before that.

Anyways, i'm not tech savvy so take what i say with a grain of salt.
There is always that post launch drought with consoles, some have weathered it better than others over the years but its always there. It sucks for early adopters really, they pay far more, get exposed to bugs and flaws in the hardware and services and then that have to put up with that period after launch where the good games just dribble in.

Technically the games are not going to improve much this generation, unlike the previous consoles the PS4 and Xbox One run on existing architecture that is fairly well understood. There is some headroom as developers can program "closer to the metal" as there are fewer API layers than the usual ones like Direct3D and OpenGL, these leaves some wiggle room and allows some fine tuning and optimisations but don't expect to see huge improvements like last generation.

The architecture in the 360 and PS3 where fairly complicated and it took the developers years to get the most out of them, the hardware in the new consoles isn't so abstract and will take less experimentation as the developers have been programming for it for years. There might be some frame rate jumps and more stable frame rates at full HD but otherwise these new consoles might be as good as they can get.