PS Vita Memory Troubles

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
Yep! Having issues with the thing. So naturally I turn to the internet's nicest and most helpful gaming-related website.

Oookie dokie. I just recently obtained a PS3 for my birthday. This game with a subscription to Playstation Plus, which means a whole bunch of free-ish games availible for download.

I've never exactly been partial to downloadable games, specifically for one reason: The space! There's only so much, and its oh so much easier to just carry a bunch of cartrages in my pocket.

But...seeing as I'm still a living-at-home broke collage student, its VERY hard for me to turn down free games...

Currently, I have:
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X (413 MB)
DISGAEA Afternoon of Darkness (890 MB)
and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royal (2228 MB) downloaded to my Vita.

For some reason (I'm guessing my save data?), it has two more things listed under 'applications', dispite the fact that these two games I have on cards, and thus, arn't downloaded in their entirety.

GRAVITY RUSH (1920 KB)
and Persona 4 GOLDEN (2432 KB)

I was borrowing Gravity Rush, thus, I don't really play it anymore now that I've beaten it and returned the card.

This brings to my current not-really-crisis. See, I want to download and try out Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (The original, while not bad, was a little too grind-heavy for me), but I just recently spent HOURS downloading PSASBR. I don't really want to uninstall it, seeing as using it is currently the only way for the entire gaming portion of my family to play together. (We only have two normal controllers as of now). Is there any easy enough way to save on memory, or else get more?

Further, how does copying work? I keep getting messages that say 'This game data will be deleted if you copy it from the PS3 to the Vita', but I was able to re-copy Megaman back to the PS3 without any issue. Its still on my Vita as well. Plays just fine. Do I suddenly have two copies? Is this a glitch?

So...yes. Advice would be helpful Escapist staff. If you wouldn't mind. :)

EDIT: I need at least 1926 MB more space to download Disgaea 3.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Use the Content Manager either on a PC or through the PS3, then create a unique backup of the data you want to save. Then choose something to delete, simply delete it to create some space then install the next game.

If you ever want to restore the game you deleted just use the Content Manager to restore the backup that contains the game you want back. You can also choose to make a back up of the game you needed the space for, this way you can play as many digital games as you want but you have to put up with the inconvenience of making backups. Just make sure you make a unique backup each time so dont overwrite them (unless you want to ofc).

Not sure if there are any additional loops and hurdles using the PS3 to make the backup but I assume its the same, I always use my PC because of the immense amount of space compared to the PS3 HDD.

Ryu890

May 28, 2011
J Tyran" post="9.404772.16781296 said:
Use the Content Manager either on a PC or through the PS3, then create a unique backup of the data you want to save. Then choose something to delete, simply delete it to create some space then install the next game.

If you ever want to restore the game you deleted just use the Content Manager to restore the backup that contains the game you want back. You can also choose to make a back up of the game you needed the space for, this way you can play as many digital games as you want but you have to put up with the inconvenience of making backups. Just make sure you make a unique backup each time so dont overwrite them (unless you want to ofc).

Not sure if there are any additional loops and hurdles using the PS3 to make the backup but I assume its the same, I always use my PC because of the immense amount of space compared to the PS3 HDD.[/quote

Thanks for the help! This makes things ten bajillion times easier. :p