PS3 Firmware Update Coming in September

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
Joshimodo said:
cleverlymadeup said:
that looks nothing like the nxe at all
Except for:
cleverlymadeup said:
i think some of the features in it are darn cool, like showing what DLC is available for the game you have selected, and of course the animated premium themes, i'd actually pay for those instead of the ones they have now
Since NXE doesn't have that...Oh, wait.

Not to mention they flipped the XMB (so it's now like the NXE), then added chunky, rounded boxes.

Sony and Microsoft are like the bickering boy and girl in school who copy each other due to having a crush on each other.
wrong again

for one that's exactly how the XMB looks now, it's just the position of the icon crossbar is pushed more over to the left in the picture, tho it could be the way they cropped it

secondly the nxe does NOT show the available dlc inline with the game you're playing, you have to go into the marketplace for that

the view you are actually seeing is the info board icon, that has been changed around a bit more to give it an icon rather than a pull down menu

so once again you're wrong

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I'm glad they're finally overhauling the information board. I found it useless and annoying, and switched it off aftrer a day. It should be used as some sort of news ticker, but I'm glad they're getting some use from it. Also stop going on about copying we haven't seen it in action, and Microsoft knicked ideas for the NXE.

Jamash said:
What the hell is a Xross and how are you supposed to pronounce it? Zross? Exross? Crossross?
it's pronounced "Cross" for some reason. Maybe CMB doesn't look as cool.

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Onmi said:
Chameliondude said:
Onmi said:
AceDiamond said:
Onmi said:
dommyuk said:
If only they'd add something I'm interested in...like a good PS2 emulator >.>
*Grabs headphones and wraps them around your neck squeezing* Personally I would prefer a voice chat feature rather let them perfect PS2 emulation so that I don't have to go "how do I shot web?"
Hey you have to go with that you're given, and in this case you were given *snerks* text chat.
Well we have it IN-Game I just want it ALL THE TIME (Voice Chat I mean) Although I got a keyboard for ease of use, I wonder how many Keyboards my 360 can use *Intermission* alright none. It is however great for cooking steak!

Ace don't make me punch you in the ovaries.
Wait... there is a voice chat feature, i have talked to my friend with video chat, BTW if u dont hav a camera, it is just voice chat with a blank background, And my 60g playes ps2 games fine

Even if u have some special problem with the video chat option without video, i have played flash games on the browser with a keyboard, im sure you could just go through a website with mikes, or just talk on a private ingame room. I dont see the problem you have here
I just want to turn on the game use my bluetooth headset and run one app to have voice chat on everything, browser, PSN store, while playing single player games. Basically something like Skype... but I did not know about the Video Chat feature, can you have it while playing games?
The update is nice and all but I agree, cross EVERYTHING chat is what I really want. Yes, you can set up a 6 or 8 person chat session but you have to exit it if you want to do something else like access the store or start a game. It's kind of annoying.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Here's my question Sony, does it make the darn thing faster? When Microsoft updates their UI it was so it would load and download faster. The PS3 is so freaking slow I went on an hour walk and came back to see my download (which was 14% completed) was now only 23% completed, this was for a demo that wasn't even 1 Gig! Make your "Powerful" system run better not look better.

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Here's my question Sony, does it make the darn thing faster? When Microsoft updates their UI it was so it would load and download faster. The PS3 is so freaking slow I went on an hour walk and came back to see my download (which was 14% completed) was now only 23% completed, this was for a demo that wasn't even 1 Gig! Make your "Powerful" system run better not look better.
that doesn't have anything to do with the software.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Not true, it has everything to do with the hardware and the software, they both work at the same time. If the hardware is powerful (a la PS3) than the software should run smooth and work pretty fast, updates can and has fixed these problems with not only the 360 but computers as well.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
i was dreading this, only just got used the this one...but a nre way to view trophies is indead needed

i also like the new social options as i found the curent ones abit lacking...so its good news! yay

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
So basically:
New PS3. Nothing particularly shiny. Boring.
New PS3 firmware. Nothing particularly shiny. Boring.

At least they're consistent!

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I love new features and updates.
Feels like my PS3 is evolving.

Im curious about the "new ways to display trophies and friends" and the premium themes/avatars. Still two weeks away though, so I'll hold my excitement until the night before.

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Not true, it has everything to do with the hardware and the software, they both work at the same time. If the hardware is powerful (a la PS3) than the software should run smooth and work pretty fast, updates can and has fixed these problems with not only the 360 but computers as well.
I was referring to the download speed, which indeed can be sped up by implementing new software, has nothing to do with the fact that you're PS3 was downloading so slowly.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
I was referring to the download speed, which indeed can be sped up by implementing new software, has nothing to do with the fact that you're PS3 was downloading so slowly.
But Sony can do something about that, if they look into it I'm sure they can find a way around slow downloads and that dreadful install crap they force you to do.

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
But Sony can do something about that, if they look into it I'm sure they can find a way around slow downloads and that dreadful install crap they force you to do.
Maybe it's not so much sony's fault seeing as i have never had such a problem. But then again i might be wrong.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
cleverlymadeup said:
secondly the nxe does NOT show the available dlc inline with the game you're playing, you have to go into the marketplace for that
Clearly you don't have NXE.

DLC shows up for the game you have in your tray, and for each one you've played.

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Maybe it's not so much sony's fault seeing as i have never had such a problem. But then again i might be wrong.
I'm not saying it's Sonys' fault, just that they are trying so hard to make the UI look good, they have yet to improve the software and to me, that's just lame.

Toty54

Jul 11, 2009
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
Toty54 said:
SMOKEMNHALO2001 said:
I'm not saying it's Sonys' fault, just that they are trying so hard to make the UI look good, they have yet to improve the software and to me, that's just lame.
I think they are going for more of an ease of use/new features update.