PS3 Headsets

Jax87

Dec 16, 2010
With PSN now restored I decided to test my PS3 official wireless earpiece and despite fiddling about with the settings, found the dam thing so sensitive. Having never really having this issue with the 360 one, I googled around otherh eadsets to get in a design similar to theirs and came across the Logitech Vantage headset, to good reviews.

So I was wondering what headsets do people on here use with their PS3's ?

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
The official one actually.

Before anyone says anything it was a gift, but it actually works really well. What do you mean by Sensitive Jax87?

Apr 28, 2008
I just use my USB headset that I also use for my PC.

Wireless/Bluetooth headsets always annoyed the hell out of me. And irritated my ears.

AetherWolf

Jan 1, 2011
Well, the official ones cost $80 and come with a game no one gives two flying shits about. So I went ahead and got a Bluetooth earpiece. It has trouble picking up my voice at times and the sound quality can be iffy, but I guess it's okay.

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
i use Turtlebeach PX5's

its REALLY AWESOME

and i can use it for my PC as well

Jax87

Dec 16, 2010
Easton Dark said:
What do you mean by Sensitive Jax87?
It picks up external sound too easily, hell it picks up noise from the other room. The noise cancellation built into it is poor.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
The official bluetooth one, but any good USB one works too. I use a USB one as backup incase my battery dies and maybe I'm at a point with my clan mates where I really can't afford to not have my input and callouts heard. Protip - the headset that comes with the xbox is actually really cheap and a lot more finicky than any headset you can use for your ps3, simply because it's a $10 headset that comes free with the 360 and you can get a totally kickass headset for you ps3. Maybe you got some cheap USB one for your ps3, but if you spend a good $40 on maybe a logitech one, you can't go wrong.

x0ny

Dec 6, 2009
Official one, sound is ok, can't set to push to talk, extremely uncomfortable after wearing for 20mins.

Jax87

Dec 16, 2010
MaxPowers666 said:
I got the wireless playstation bluetooth. I dont know what your talking about with the sensitivity. Could you explain alittle more on that matter because iv never heard of that problem.
It picks up noise from the TV to easily and noise from other rooms as well, so other people can here everything it picks up. I get same from a friends headset when were online together and its annoying to sa ythe least.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
Some Domina bluetooth thing. Never needed another one, although I mainly just use it to play EndWar.

Easton Dark

Jan 2, 2011
Dulcinea said:
Easton Dark said:
The official one actually.

Before anyone says anything it was a gift, but it actually works really well. What do you mean by Sensitive Jax87?
I thought it was great? That's all I've ever heard about it. Is this not the case?
Well, before I actually got it all I read about it was how it was too expensive for what you're getting. Then you have people like the OP saying it's too sensitive. Others don't like it I guess, but it works fine for me.

spuddaemon

Nov 9, 2009
An old USB PS2 Motorola headset that looks like an NFL coach's headset... quite good actually, not small and cheap like the "official" Sony one they released... even has volume and mute control on it (too bad its wired).

Xyphon

Jun 17, 2009
Fayathon said:
omega_peaches said:
I use the Turtle Beach PX21.
Best damned headset I've ever owned.

The PX21s are a bit pricey, but worth every penny IMO.
It's too bad they have a horrible design flaw that results in the wires that connect from the headset to the inline volume control twisting and breaking/getting dislodged from the circuit board. The volume in my left ear cup went out, I opened it up and discovered it. What pisses me off is that the power wire has a square plastic piece that prevents it from twisting, but the other wire doesn't.

After my little encounter with the PX21's (which didn't even last 4 months, even though I took great care of them), I'm now using a pair of Tritton AX Pro's for my gaming needs.