PS3 or 360?

Accountfailed

May 27, 2009
Riff Moonraker said:
Accountfailed said:
speaking objectively, I can say that the ps3's hardware is superior.
speaking subjectively, the exclusives are better, I think, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, God of War to name a few. The software is nicer, cleaner and easier, and the network is free and doesn't require you to buy a wireless adaptor to connect to wireless. the overall look the machine is sleeker, and less garish, it's also more ergonomic. IMO if you want a cleaner experience and are willing to forgive Sony for the PSN outage, go for the ps3.
The wireless is built in on the new 360 slim. I also fail to understand the part about the sleeker, less garish, and more ergonomic comment when compared to the 360 slim. Also, please define "cleaner" experience. How are my 360 experiences any less clean than your ps3 experiences? Even after losing the exclusives we had such as Mass Effect (the PS3 still doesnt get the same experience with it, because they cant get the first one), the Halo series and the Gears of War series are HUGE titles. COD fans get their map packs first on the 360. Also, Alan Wake is an exclusive I would recommend to anyone with a 360 as a must have.
Calm down.

I find the ps3 slim's design a lot more appealing than the 360 slim or any of its predecessors, in experience I've also found it's easier to fit into small spaces hence making it more ergonomic. when I say cleaner I mean I find it a lot nicer to use the ps3's interface -the XMB- than the 360's weird tab system. To be honest, I couldn't give two shits about multiplayer, it all sucks, so map packs don't apply to me. Also, Mass Effect wasn't an xbox exclusive, I had it for the PC (and it didn't even have the Microsoft's GFWL DRM).

Before trying to grill me out, maybe look up the definition of subjective, in MY opinion I prefer the ps3, it's interface, it's exclusives and yes, it's network. you can prefer the 360 all you want, that's not my problem, I was just giving my opinion to the OP who asked.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Riff Moonraker said:
Alucard 11189 said:
My favourite game is an Xbox exclusive (Deadly premonition) but I own a PS3. I love the exclusives for it and the type of exclusives available on the PS3 are more to my liking when compared to the Xbox exclusives. I would suggest that you do what a lot of people have been recommending which is to compare the exclusives of each console and see which ones appeal to you more. It would also help to see what type of consoles your friends have which means that you can all play online together.
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but how is Deadly Premonition? I have rented it from Gamefly, but I havent had a chance to try it out yet.

Back to the main topic, I agree. You should compare exclusives and see which you like better. Again, seeing your mention of Halo being a favorite, and with Halo Anniversary coming Nov. 15th, and a new Halo trilogy starting next year, you will be more than content with your Halo fix. :)
It seems to be a very polarizing game, as far as I can tell. I love the game, as I have previously mentioned, but my brother absolutely hates the game, as he doesn't like the horrible graphics or the horrible controls and he couldn't more than the first mission before he turned it off. You might enjoy it, you might not.

Macrobstar

Apr 28, 2010
weker said:
Macrobstar said:
weker said:
pwnatornr1 said:
Good day to you all. I have been saving money for a time and now i would like to use it on a new console, (i only have a Wii) but i don't really know what console i should buy. PS3 has good hardware, (that's what my buddies told me) but i really, REALLY like the Halo Series.(not that i think that you are stupid, but here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series) link end) and i also know that most of the games are released for PS3 AND 360, (and soon, ((probably)) for Wii U, too) like Crysis 2, but is there a diffrence? I know that the PS network is free, and that XBLA costs, but is XBLA safer? PLEASE, share your thoughts and personal experience!

Well xbox is yet to be hacked XD
But yer if you enjoy halo then you will love xbox to death.
also kinect is a worthwhile experience.

PS3 is better if you looking for a media center but im not keen on their first party titles at all. for me most their exclusives are like Michael Bay films (lots of explosions)
Whereas Xboxs are slow thoughtful and artistic? Most games these days are like michael bay films, because michael bay films sell
I never claimed they were? its just xbox games tend to have something called gameplay which tends to take the back seat in games like uncharted kill zone and resistance.
WTF? Maybe in games like heavy rain, but definately not the ones you listed, although a lot of PS3 exclusives are story focused I'll give you that

Tim Mazzola

Dec 27, 2010
I'll toss in an XBox 360 recommendation. Play the Mass Effects on it if your PC can't handle them. An XBox 360 is basically PC games for console gamers. XBLA has some good downloadable indie titles on it too, and some good old games like the Banjo-Kazooie series.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
No poll?

Personally I prefer the PS3, it seems to have more good exclusives, but I don't own a 360.

There are slightly credible rumors that the next Sony/Microsoft console generation is going to be announced in 2012 and released soon after, so you may just want to wait.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a 360 since I (like you) already have a PC, and I can never play console shooters with the gamepad which is why Halo and GoW never appealed to me.

Get a PS3 that's backward-compatible with PS2 titles.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Indeed.

I'm of the opinion that Halo is accepted as a better all-round game than Killzone, and only an idiot would say otherwise without proof. Why is Killzone better than Halo in your opinion?

For what it's worth, I prefer Killzone3 to any of the Halo games, I think the multiplayer is a lot of fun and I like the way it seems to adapt to the pace of the game. I found Reach to be a bland game that I browsed through, wondering what all the fuss is about. I haven't trully enjoyed a Halo game since Halo1.

See what I did there! - I posted that I prefer one game to another, avoiding a sweeping statement of opinion that might as well be posted on YouTube. Posting that 'Killzone is better than Halo' is stupid, but posting 'I prefer Killzone to Halo' is not.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Alucard 11189 said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Alucard 11189 said:
My favourite game is an Xbox exclusive (Deadly premonition) but I own a PS3. I love the exclusives for it and the type of exclusives available on the PS3 are more to my liking when compared to the Xbox exclusives. I would suggest that you do what a lot of people have been recommending which is to compare the exclusives of each console and see which ones appeal to you more. It would also help to see what type of consoles your friends have which means that you can all play online together.
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but how is Deadly Premonition? I have rented it from Gamefly, but I havent had a chance to try it out yet.

Back to the main topic, I agree. You should compare exclusives and see which you like better. Again, seeing your mention of Halo being a favorite, and with Halo Anniversary coming Nov. 15th, and a new Halo trilogy starting next year, you will be more than content with your Halo fix. :)
It seems to be a very polarizing game, as far as I can tell. I love the game, as I have previously mentioned, but my brother absolutely hates the game, as he doesn't like the horrible graphics or the horrible controls and he couldn't more than the first mission before he turned it off. You might enjoy it, you might not.
I made it past the first episode last night (after the town meeting), and it is really growing on me. I cant figure out why, lol, but it is. I am enjoying it so far.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
Really, I do prefer the PS3, because I prefer the controller. I guess I just got used to the original Xbox controller, and I can't use the 360 controller. I'd like both, but I do prefer the PS3.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
pwnatornr1 said:
Good day to you all. I have been saving money for a time and now i would like to use it on a new console, (i only have a Wii) but i don't really know what console i should buy. PS3 has good hardware, (that's what my buddies told me) but i really, REALLY like the Halo Series.(not that i think that you are stupid, but here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series) link end) and i also know that most of the games are released for PS3 AND 360, (and soon, ((probably)) for Wii U, too) like Crysis 2, but is there a diffrence? I know that the PS network is free, and that XBLA costs, but is XBLA safer? PLEASE, share your thoughts and personal experience!
Hi, you've identified that the PS3 is superior hardware wise, and it is, in almost every way, Full HD, bulit in PSU, Blu-ray player, built in Wifi (new Xbox might have, idk).

But lets ignore all of these things shall we? Because ultimately, a media pc, or blu-ray drive can be seperate to a gaming console, and just because the PS3 does these already, doesn't mean the games it has are superior, for you the user.

You also identified, that many games are released on both, if you have found any of those games that you like, disqualify them all, immediately, they are non-sequitor, they will cost the same and perform 90% the same on both, you won't notice the difference.

The difference, which you need to ask yourself, and your choice is your own no one can tell you which console is just 'the one to get' (based on the information given), you need to ask yourself 'what game genres do I like' and 'what priority to I give them when it comes to picking and choosing'. A supplimentary, yet important question, is 'which console provides the best games of my favourite genre/s'?

Racings games, PS3. Shooters, 360 has a slight edge. Platformers, both are good, RTS neither are good. Sports games, again, both are good, fighting games would probably go to PS3, as would action adventure. RPGs are fairly equal too).

But regardless of these, if you think shooters (like Halo) are the be all and end all, nothing on the PS3 matters, and you should get the inferior console, for the superior gaming experience, personally.

OR just get/upgrade a PC, wait till the next gen comes out, which isn't long, and in the mean time enjoy Crysis 2, Battlefield 3, and other graphics intensive and excellent titles, the way they were meant to play played (especially shooters), on a computer.

PS. I have owned both consoles, and even the Wii (retained for younger siblings), PS3 is much better suited to me, but I'm a technology and racing nut, and paying for online is appauling imo, good luck with your choice if you haven't already made it, otherwise I'd like to know what you chose, either console is a fair choice when justified to your gaming needs.

mstickle

Sep 11, 2009
I have both PS3 and 360. I use the 360 for everything except for PS3 exclusives in theory. In fact I hardly ever use the PS3. Why? The controller is probably the main reason. Seriously. Hold both for a while and decide which you like more.

I also don't care that the PSN is free, even before the Sony fiasco I prefered paying for XBL because I feel very much that you get what you pay for.

Vaco Deus

Model of Apathy
Aug 10, 2009
I prefer the PS3 for its free online, backlog of PS1 titles that can be played right out of the box, variety of games and exclusives (Journey, The Last Guardian, etc).

360's exclusives are mostly shooters which are a complete bore to me. They all blur together after a while.

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
Riff Moonraker said:
Alucard 11189 said:
Riff Moonraker said:
Alucard 11189 said:

I made it past the first episode last night (after the town meeting), and it is really growing on me. I cant figure out why, lol, but it is. I am enjoying it so far.
Yeah, I found that its a game that kind of sneaks up on you. At first I wasn't that sold on it, but as I got to know the characters a bit more, I found them endearing. I hope you continue to enjoy it :)

surg3n

May 16, 2011
BluRay is certainly becoming a big benefit, I was pretty surprised to hear that LA Noire is on 3 DVD's on the 360 - nobody wants to go back to swapping discs!