PS3 Owners Are Pissing Me Off

Aug 1, 2010
Adam Gadal said:
MrDeckard said:
In terms of PC, I'll tell you something that I had to work very hard to get over: PC gaming is terrifying.

I only recently got into it, having always been a console gamer, and although in truth, it's easy, it is still rather expensive and it APPEARED very complex.
I can understand how PC gaming can seem terrifying. I had a friend who voiced the same thoughts when he went from console to PC gaming. Basically he went from having the controls of a console controller to have a keyboard and mouse.....so many more buttons :p
Plus, you have manual installation and graphics tweaking, in addition to the fact that whenever you mention "What PC should I get?" people always say "Build your own", which is a daunting task in and of itself.

On an unrelated note, apparently Captcha wants a goat in congress.

"Congress agrimi"

Kayos

Apr 7, 2010
While I'm a loyal Sony fan and all. (i dislike the xbox 360 so much.)
If you havnt looked up the rootkit, you should, its stuff like that
that makes me dislike all major companies.
Though the PSN being down hasnt affected me at all, i play online games
on my PC, and use my ps3 to get the exclusive ps3 games that i like.

Chiasm

Aug 27, 2008
MaxPowers666 said:
200 is not a lot of money unless your 15 or have a shitty job. I spend nearly that much every week anyways.
Enjoy that while it lasts, Once you have a house/kids money becomes a endangered species.

Daedalus1942

Jun 26, 2009
Adam Gadal said:
I need to state too things before I start:
1. I myself own a PS3
2. This is not meant to be a general rant, just my point of view on the current state of affairs

By now I am sure that everybody knows what is going on with Sony and the PSN. It's old news now, and hopefully Sony will have the PSN back up soon (hell it could be up now as far as I know...haven't bothered to check). I am not a Sony fanboy, and I would have an Xbox 360 instead if some of the PS3 Exclusive games didn't cater to me better than the 360 exclusives.

What I don't understand is this: I have heard within the past few weeks from a bunch of different people who own PS3, that they are trading in their PS3's and getting Xbox 360's because of the recent events going on with the PSN. I can't understand the reasoning behind this what so ever.

I could 'maybe' understand your decision if you reasoning was along the line of, "I've never been too big on Sony, and now they have given me a reason not to trust them." You know what, fine I will agree with that line of thought. However the reason this is just aggravating right now is because most of the arguments I continue to hear are, "Well I can't play online with the PSN down, so I'm getting a 360 where I'll be able to play my games online." <<<<<<<THIS LINE OF REASONING IS WHAT CONFUSES ME!!!!!!!!

Why is it you NEED to play video games online? There are SO many things you can do offline. I mean there are so many good new games you can play; Mortal Kombat (sorry Australians :( ), Portal 2, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, LittleBigPlanet2. Geeze, that is only naming some new releases. There is also older stuff like God of War (1-3), LittleBigPlanet, Assassin's Creed (1/2), Heavy Rain, heck even devil May Cry 4 if it fits your fancy!

So you don't want to play those games single player. Fine, how about try something NEW? There are THOUSANDS of FREE video games you can download for the PC that are extremely fun!

tl;dr - Why are people getting rid of their PS3 for Xbox 360s when there is so much you can still do even with the PSN down?
It's the thousands of disgruntled ps3 users who can't play portal 2 with their pc counterparts.
-Tabs<3-

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
pyramid head grape said:
This is word for word what I told some "C.O.D players" at work.
Online is not the best thing in the world, hell I find online games boring after 3 hours (min).

I think its Ego filling or something example "I just killed some N00B who is somewhere in the world feeling really stupid that I killed him, teabaging time!"

I have played more off-line games that completely out-do any on-line game;

Portal 1/2
Amnesia the dark descent
Shadow of the colossus (easily my favourite game ever... I am a music and art lover you see)
Silent hill 2/3/4 If your in to that sort a thing ...I am.

There are so many more open your eyes and look crazy would be trade-in-ers.
Just because you find it boring doesn't mean that it's worthless to everyone else. The appeal of playing online (and the other aspects it entails such as spending time with friends and engaging in "ego-filling" matches) is much greater than playing a single-player campaign for many of these people. You can't generalize these folks as being cocky intolerable assholes. You love single-player games? Good for you. You aren't everyone else, though.

By the way, OP, this sort of thing shouldn't piss you off. This is such a trivial thing to be mad about.

MasterMongoose0

Nov 3, 2009
You know what I've been doing while the PSN's been down?

Playing other games. On other systems, if I felt like it.

Man, life's tough. Being forced to finally play Twilight Princess and get some quality Forza 3 and GT5 time in? That's the craziest thing I've ever heard of.

I remember when consoles didn't have online at all. They were pretty fun back then, too, strangely enough.

Plurralbles

Jan 12, 2010
TLDR

but I will say that I am a PS3 owner and never intended on going online with it so... crisis irrelevant.

Also starcraft 2 is more fun than God of War 3, Demon's Souls, or bioshock 2, to me anyway.

It's a hideously overpriced bluray. :(

Your once and future Fanboy

The Norwegian One
Feb 11, 2009
Well.. not to nit-picky, but aren't this thread ment against "former" ps3 owners. Seems like the title could be changed and you would avoid that some people would be ready with their flame swords against trolling.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Doesn't bother me personally. Things get hacked. I barely boot my 360 at all. But then I don't really play online as I can't stand other people for the most part. I was chasing scores on PS3 Bulletstorm but that I can continue to do because it uploads your scores when you next connect.

Actually since PSN has been down I have been playing things on PS3 and also PS2.

blacon

Mar 19, 2010
It's perfectly understandable why people are annoyed over the outage.

It comes down to this: People have paid money for the games that they no longer have the ability to use the way they want to use them. I for one bought Socom 4 the day before the outage, which I only planned to play online.

When money is involved, people get mad.

Chiiru

Oct 15, 2010
I've only recently purchased my PS3 (About 2 months ago, bad timing, right? lol)...but I'm not going to trade it in, considering I have the other consoles anyway. Just going to sit on my hands until they get this fixed. Hopefully before F.3.A.R. is released -_-

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Zantos would like to thank the PS3 owners that have given up on them and are selling them off, I just got one at a fairly reasonable price. Guess I have to start learning to use words like "six-axis" instead of controller and "blu-ray" instead of disk.

dimveiw

Sep 10, 2009
To those who traded in their ps3 for an xbox.

"Your ll be back your ll always come back"