PS4 Probed

moggett88

May 2, 2013
Chainsaw_Chuck said:
Kiall said:
So... is Critical Miss cancelled now or what?
I came here to post the same thing.

Kind of looks like it is. At lest it had a pretty good run but where's that physical book compilation of the strips that was hinted at years ago? Cause I'd certainly buy one.
I also came here to ask. Other than Zero Punctuation, does the Escapist have any content left?

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
This is one of the reasons I've stuck with Nintendo. The other consoles are expensive and these mid-iteration/new consoles are just more expense for features I can't or won't actually use. Putting all the eggs in the VR basket seems like a terrible idea considering there hasn't been a single VR experience I've seen on YouTube showing VR is worth the jump. And even if there's just that one, that's not enough to pay for all this shit.
On top of that, these consoles pushing the unnecessary 4k, which requires a 4k TV to make work calls back back to the idea of 3D gaming. And look where that ended up. You can argue all you want 4K is the next big step. I personally don't see enough of a visible difference between HD and 4K to willingly pay that much for it. And better visuals or not, does any of this make better games? Because, at the core of it all, that's what these consoles are supposed to be about. There isn't a single game on Xbone yet to convince me to buy the system. And the PS4 has a couple, but I'm too broke to do shit about it at this time. But I fail to see how a 4K or VR experience is going to improve their quality or variety of games at this point.

Okay. Said my piece. Going back into silence for a few more months until something else interesting pops up to comment on.