PS4's "First-Of-Its-Kind" Share Play Feature Launching This Fall

Rozalia1

Mar 1, 2014
AstaresPanda said:
Everytime consoles brag about somthing they doiong and then it just turns out to be somthing pc gamers have beeen enoying for year already....... As if youtube is not already full of endless crap. Hard enough to filter thre the crap
Excuse me what? I can only imagine you're ignoring the actual thing from the title and homing in on the youtube thing to make an off the cuff remark.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Snotnarok said:
Steve the Pocket said:
Snotnarok said:
This isn't first of it's kind, you can already share games on steam, link accounts and as long as the other person isn't playing that one game, you both can play games on either accounts.
Note my emphasis. This specifically (exclusively?) works for games that the owner is already playing. And if Steam wants to launch a living room machine to compete with consoles, they'd better be prepared to offer that as well.
Wait what? I'm not seeing the comparison here:

PS4: Play game the user is playing, that's the 1 game they get.

Steam: Play any game on any account linked with yours as long as it's not one the owner is currently playing. If my friend has 200 games and he's playing 1 of them I can access the rest of his 199 games.
This is you download, install and play it at your leisure.
You're the one who compared the two as if they were the same thing, not me.

Seriously, being able to borrow a friend's game is nice and all, but the appeal of being able to join a game they're playing, basically like plopping down on the couch with them and grabbing a second controller but over the Internet, should be obvious and I'm glad somebody figured that out.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Steve the Pocket said:
Snotnarok said:
Steve the Pocket said:
Snotnarok said:
This isn't first of it's kind, you can already share games on steam, link accounts and as long as the other person isn't playing that one game, you both can play games on either accounts.
Note my emphasis. This specifically (exclusively?) works for games that the owner is already playing. And if Steam wants to launch a living room machine to compete with consoles, they'd better be prepared to offer that as well.
Wait what? I'm not seeing the comparison here:

PS4: Play game the user is playing, that's the 1 game they get.

Steam: Play any game on any account linked with yours as long as it's not one the owner is currently playing. If my friend has 200 games and he's playing 1 of them I can access the rest of his 199 games.
This is you download, install and play it at your leisure.
You're the one who compared the two as if they were the same thing, not me.

Seriously, being able to borrow a friend's game is nice and all, but the appeal of being able to join a game they're playing, basically like plopping down on the couch with them and grabbing a second controller but over the Internet, should be obvious and I'm glad somebody figured that out.
Nice smugness, really you've made me look like a fool, I'll be back later after I've wiped the mud off my face.

This article was about sharing games and being the first of it's kind when it's not, it was beaten by a few months. I didn't mean that the comparison is invalid, I meant one is very much better than the other. My friend has about 6 games on steam and I shared my account with him, now he has 200 games any of which he can play at any time ...as long as it's not tied to Ubisoft and their shitty Uplay.

What Sony is offering isn't bad at all, it sounds pretty interesting.

Honestly the better sharing feature Sony has is being able to buy a game once off the PSN and share it to the PSP and PSV, which I've done with a friends PSP. FFVII on 3 consoles with 1 buy? Sounds good to me!

Edit: Actually this was beaten long before Steam, games on the DS had a share feature, some PSP games too.