PSN Hotmail Problem

Jax87

Dec 16, 2010
Some people (myself included) who are waiting for Sony E-Mails to reset our PSN password have not recieved anything (40 hours ish for me). I just rang sony UK customer support and they said its a problem with Hotmail due to it can't handle all the extra traffic from the PSN reset e-mails and to wait it out for now.

Microsoft and Sony need to get their act together and whats is the point of a security question if I can't just ring up Sony and change my password that way?

God knows when I and others with this issue will get back online

Doive

Nov 6, 2010
I'm on hotmail and I didn't need an email to reset my password. It just told me to reset it the first time I logged in on my ps3.

Ilikemilkshake

Jun 7, 2010
I didnt get an email either, didnt need to though, just logged into psn and it told me to change my password

Jax87

Dec 16, 2010
Some people CANNOT change their password from their console, they are forced by Sony to wait for an e-mail to change their password.

We do the same as you but get a message prompt instead of the ability to change our password informing you to expect an e-mail from Sony. Its a extra layer of security Sony put in if they could not verify your account with the PS3 your trying to log in from, something to do with not buying anything from PSN Store in the past or having a new-ish account.