PSN To Introduce Pre-Loading

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
redisforever said:
Now, if only they had this when Journey was coming out. The wait for that was excruciating. Sorry if I misspelled that, I'm using my phone to write this. Looks about right though.
No it checks out. Good thing you didn't have to through auto-correct.
My phone has no auto-correct, but it's got a physical QWERTY keyboard, so spelling is easier.

HOLY SHIT!
Captcha: Time Lord

AbstractStream

Feb 18, 2011
This would help, but I don't know why I thought it would save some time (like some sort of magic!). Still going to be waiting, just on a different day. Err, days before.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
redisforever said:
HOLY SHIT!
Captcha: Time Lord
I must EX-TER-MI-NATE this Captcha!

OT: This is great, but why is it only for certain games? If someone's anticipating a release that won't get this feature, they'll have to wait a few hours while it downloads and installs before they can ever play. It's been going on for 6 years, and if this gets a little bit of tweaking, like applying for every single game, it can be completely eliminated.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
th155 said:
BehattedWanderer said:
I look forward to the "manually shift the date forward to play early" glitches.
That post shows you have no idea how this will work.

The game downloads encrypted, with the decryption key being sent out on the release day. There is no way to "shift the date forward" and play early, and if you did want to glitch it, you would need to hack into MS's servers, find the encryption key (which is probably currently on a server that isn't connected to the outside world - If they have any sense, so impossible without physical access) and somehow trick your PS3 to register that as the encryption key and decrypt the game (probably the easiest part - All you have to do is spoof the date and incoming data).

At least, that's how it works on steam. You would have to be stupid to do it any other way.
The PS3 had some problems awhile back where some content was date-locked, and people got around it by manually adjusting the date. I was jokingly alluding to that, not seriously hoping for such a broken system for data protection.