PSV Potential

OceanRunner

Mar 18, 2009
I had planned on getting a Vita at launch, but changed my mind and am waiting to see how future releases turn out. While I would still like one sometime, I'm thinking about what could make PSV stand out more from it's predecessor.
For starters consider how vast the iOS app library is. PSV has the capabilities to offer the same kind of gaming through its Minis games, and could even have it's own practical aps like QR readers and such. Of course Sony should have a firm foothold in their own games first as potentially competing with Apple would be risky, but by diversifying it's software, the Vita can appeal to a broader audience.

Dec 14, 2009
I haven't seen anything that makes me want the Vita...

Yet.

I'm praying to the gaming gods that a Monster Hunter title will be released for the thing.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
I'm currently waiting for Gravity Rush and Persona 4: The Golden. Considering purchasing the three PSP Persona games since they're considerably cheaper now(I had physical copies, but I lost those along with my PSP when I ended up having to get rid of it)...granted that they're still that price, come payday. A Monster Hunter game would be nice for it, though. I remember seeing a screenshot of of a Monster Hunter logo, though. It was something about Monster Hunter 3G.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
For now, I only see it applying to the hardcore audiences, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

But it has a lot of potential if developers want to really set their mind to it.

For games coming out: Persona 4: The Golden, maybe a new Monster Hunter (only for you, Daystar), and a few others. I think Irrational said they were working on a Bioshock or something.

In other news, I just literally just put Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention in my Vita, I already love it. :3

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
I don't think the price is justified. I can see the vita as being much more than a gaming console if Sony wanted it to, which it ought to be if it's to compete with the Ipod Touch and mobile phones. And if Sony want the console to sell well, they need to sell it as more than as a gaming console.

Chances are they won't though, so gaming wise, it'd only be if there are several fun multiplayer games being released for the system. I've just got a 3DS for £65 now that there's a few multiplayer games I can play with my friends. But they're going to be very hard pushed to buy a 3DS AND as Vita.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
I will get one, but I've got PSP games on UMD that I need to finish, and enough games and features are still "on the way" that it can wait.

I'm interested in Gravity Rush and the FF X upgrade. For goofing around, I'd also like to try Escape Plan and Sumioni. It would be nice if the PSOne Classics compatibility had been available at launch, but it should be on the way soon.