Psychadelic crazies, share your thoughts!

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
Okay... I know that spacey Hippy types are something of a minority around these here parts, and as such I don't see many threads that particularly interest me, so I thought I'd start a more "out there" thread for the other bored trippy weirdoes, for ideas, musings, theories or maybe just a good rant.
I'll start: I often wonder about reincarnation. When most people (including me, 'til I blew my head with this) think about reincarnation, they imagine their next self existing in the future. But another theory that ties into this (that my dad explained to me when he died for a few minutes and saw the other side, before being resuscitated (lucky his girlfriend was a nurse)) is that life is kinda like a holiday from wherever the soul goes afterwards, with the body just being the vehicle for the soul. But if you come out of life not having learned anything or never having had a real purpose, you get sent back to live another life, or you can live again by choice if you wanna see the world from different perspectives. But back to my original point, reincarnation. Bearing all this in mind, I wonder if you can choose where and when you go, so, I dunno, maybe in my next life I'll be a Celtic Shaman or something. But if this is the case, could you (or multiple incarnations of you) occupy the same timespace? Could you theoretically surround yourself with loads of you's, all occupying different bodies, all completely oblivious to the fact that you have the same soul, all independent copies? Maybe there are only a handful of souls on earth, spread across six billion bodies...?

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Well, when I write scripts and stuff, I go into a wierd trance somewhere between sanity and insanity. Ideas seem to float around the room, mad, mad ideas, and I form them into a coherent plot path. Everything's just wierd as well. It's like reality, only not quite, the world becomes uncanny, it's logic constantly shifting. One moment oxygen has no colour. The next it's purple. One minute my die hard box set sits idly. The next, John Mclane starts dancing with his eyebrows.I talk to myself almost constantly. Sometimes the computer talks too.

Luckily, this process has few effects outside of my actual creative writing process, as soon as I hit save and close the document, reality becomes solid once more. I do get a bit of insomnia and a healthy dose of wild dreams when I do sleep, but aside from that, I'm able to function normally when I'm not actually writing.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Consciousness is an emergent property of matter. Any semblance of an afterlife is probably your last living moment, prolonged to what subjectively seems like infinity. There is no such thing as a soul; once the brain breaks down, 'you' cease to exist. Ideally, the matter that made your consciousness possible will be recycled to form new self-aware units.

The shopping-trolley is the SI unit of aesthetic perfection.