Psyonix Exploring the Possibility of Bringing Rocket League to Nintendo Switch

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Psyonix Exploring the Possibility of Bringing Rocket League to Nintendo Switch

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1324/1324510.jpg

Community feedback a large factor.

Rocket League developer Psyonix is considering the possibility of bringing the game to the Nintendo Switch.

Speaking with IGN [http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/28/psyonix-evaluating-whether-to-bring-rocket-league-to-nintendo-switch?abthid=58da64e3bd5db7066e00000a], Psyonix vice president Jeremy Dunham stated that the decision would be influenced by community feedback.

"Just like all the other platforms, we are evaluating it. We're looking to see what the technical requirements are," Dunham said. "We're looking to see what kind of true community demand there is. We're looking to see how it would benefit the community as a whole. So we're still in that evaluation phase. It's definitely too early to say that it wouldn't happen, but it's also definitely too early to say that it would."

"I think we've shown over time we're a community based company, and so what we're doing first is seeing what kind of impact that would have and who needs it and who wants the game and we'll go from there," Dunham continued. "Luckily the platform's only been out for a month, so we have plenty of time to look to see how it's doing and what our audience wants."

Rocket League released for PlayStation 4 and PC in July 2015, and Xbox One in February 2016.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
More games= more people buying the Switch, which only benefits it further in pretty much any format

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
This is a bad idea.

Why play a half-assed port on a half-assed system with outdated hardware when you can get it on Steam and not have to worry about paying up your online subscription fee?

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Well, sure, if you go in assuming the worst of course it seems like a bad idea.

If they add in couch and local multiplayer I could see this a being a really good buy.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
It would be sweet!
I enjoy rocket league, so I would get it. now we just need 3 more people and we can have 2 on 2 matches :D

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
American Tanker said:
This is a bad idea.

Why play a half-assed port on a half-assed system with outdated hardware when you can get it on Steam and not have to worry about paying up your online subscription fee?
Yeah but then you have to buy a $800 computer and update it's graphics card every few months to keep RL at 60 fps at 1080p at all times.

debossman21

Jun 7, 2011
RaikuFA said:
American Tanker said:
This is a bad idea.

Yeah but then you have to buy a $800 computer and update it's graphics card every few months to keep RL at 60 fps at 1080p at all times.
That is not how it works. That has never been how it works. The $800 You spend one-time on a decent computer rig will last you a good 2-3 years without any decrease in quality. Stop treating memes about PC gaming as knowledge on how it actually works.

That aside, with Nintendo doing their usual "Let's force demand by under-producing units!" farce, buying a gaming PC or a console would be an easier way to get to play Rocket League as opposed to waiting for the Switch to be back in stock

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
debossman21 said:
RaikuFA said:
American Tanker said:
This is a bad idea.

That is not how it works. That has never been how it works. The $800 You spend one-time on a decent computer rig will last you a good 2-3 years without any decrease in quality. Stop treating memes about PC gaming as knowledge on how it actually works.

That aside, with Nintendo doing their usual "Let's force demand by under-producing units!" farce, buying a gaming PC or a console would be an easier way to get to play Rocket League as opposed to waiting for the Switch to be back in stock
Mine didn't. Mine broke two years after I got it and no one would give me any advice except "go see a computer repairman" or "figure it out yourself". Only guy who was willing to wanted $200 for just a diagnostic. So I can even add in upkeep on why I don't think it's worth it.

Though Nintendo's artificial scarcity can go fuck right off.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
It's nice of them, but it's just that...Nintendo developers won't reciprocate.

Raioken18

Dec 18, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Mine didn't. Mine broke two years after I got it and no one would give me any advice except "go see a computer repairman" or "figure it out yourself". Only guy who was willing to wanted $200 for just a diagnostic. So I can even add in upkeep on why I don't think it's worth it.

What the hell, $200?!? I payed $175 (Including parts) for a repair guy to come to my home and fix a major problem I had, and he got here in 45 mins, I can scarcely get a freaking pizza that fast out here XD.

Do yourself a favor and just learn the basics of how to clean your computer, FORGET compressed air it's not worth the hassle. I use a flat synthetic paint brush (like $3) and I clean my computer every 3 months (It's in a dusty environment).

It's 4 years old, the one time I needed it fixed was due to someone else's stupidity. I haven't yet run into something it couldn't at least play on high.

The only other maintenance cost is antivirus, which I pay for because I'm a bit paranoid about it and get an integrated with a lot of other features that just make it easier to use than having like 8 different programs XD

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Raioken18 said:
RaikuFA said:

What the hell, $200?!? I payed $175 (Including parts) for a repair guy to come to my home and fix a major problem I had, and he got here in 45 mins, I can scarcely get a freaking pizza that fast out here XD.

Do yourself a favor and just learn the basics of how to clean your computer, FORGET compressed air it's not worth the hassle. I use a flat synthetic paint brush (like $3) and I clean my computer every 3 months (It's in a dusty environment).

It's 4 years old, the one time I needed it fixed was due to someone else's stupidity. I haven't yet run into something it couldn't at least play on high.

The only other maintenance cost is antivirus, which I pay for because I'm a bit paranoid about it and get an integrated with a lot of other features that just make it easier to use than having like 8 different programs XD
Even if I knew how to clean it, it still wouldn't work. It just decided to not start up one day.