Puberty: How did you react?

I.N.producer

May 26, 2011
I didn't care about puberty, but mostly because I had bigger problems, like being bullied. By the time that was over, I was 14 and mostly adjusted to the whole hormone thing.

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
I grew a size D rack, slimmed down to a size 8 (broad hips) and moved on with my life.

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
I was told "These things will happen to your body".

And then they did.

Sorry for the lack of amusing anecdotes, it wasn't a big deal for me.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
Meh, didn't care. For the most part, I didn't realize what was happening, but the effects weren't particularly noteworthy. Hey, spontaneous erections, I've had you before. Hey, pimples, I've had you before. The body hair was significant, but I really didn't notice, since the various areas seemed to grow in at different times. I was more concerned with the faint mustache I had coming in. I didn't really consider any of this "puberty" until
my first wet dream. Muhammed Ali threw me into a swimming pool, while I was wearing a long shirt and no pants or underwear. I felt the cold water on my undercarriage, and then bam, I had to go change my pants.
I remember thinking "So this is puberty." Also, this could become potentially annoying. And it did, until I figured out how to relieve these fluids while conscious.

Jared Domenico

May 20, 2011
I more or less deduced puberty before I knew what either of those words meant. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but after giving a few second's remembrance on how I thought as a kid, I imagine my reasoning was something like this, albeit less structured:

1. Dad is a human.
2. Dad is older than me.
3. Dad is big, deep voiced, and hairy.
4. I am a human.
5. I am young.
6. When I age, I will get big, deep voiced, and hairy.

Lo and behold, I was right.

gregitaly

Mar 12, 2009
Why is there hair on my feet!? The stupid videos we saw in health class didn't mention this! Omigod I can never wear sandals again! I'm literally a five foot tall hobbit.
WHHHYYYYYYYYYYY!
Yeah, puberty's a *****.

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Jared Domenico said:
I more or less deduced puberty before I knew what either of those words meant. My memory is a bit fuzzy, but after giving a few second's remembrance on how I thought as a kid, I imagine my reasoning was something like this, albeit less structured:

1. Dad is a human.
2. Dad is older than me.
3. Dad is big, deep voiced, and hairy.
4. I am a human.
5. I am young.
6. When I age, I will get big, deep voiced, and hairy.

Lo and behold, I was right.
Something like that happened to me:

1. Dad comes from a tall family
2. Hence, I'll be tall too
3. Wait, mom comes from a short family
4. Skip 10 years forward and you'll find me smaller than Tom Cruise
5. CURSES!

6. Also, early bald pattern cortesy of moms & dad's family.

BakedAlaskan

Aug 31, 2011
I cracked on with it... (read: cracked one off regularly til I realised it wasn't just meant for me!!!!) Voice broke, people laughed... I learnt to crack one off... Bargain if you ask me!!

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Wasn't that big of a deal for me... just started rubbing one out in the shower...<.<

BakedAlaskan

Aug 31, 2011
Hairy back?!

Let's just put it out there... Pubes, bit o' beardage then the almighty hairy back. Hairy fucking everything by 22. Enjoy the nubile/non hirsute years if its you- fuzz is coming for ya!!!!

tofulove

Sep 6, 2009
as a early bloomer, puberty wasn't so bad for me, i had very little acne, only issue that bothered me was the lack of body hair, some thing im glad about now days.

Kristina.K.

Jul 12, 2011
I really don't want to admit this, but the breasts were the first sign. By the time I was 14, my breasts were fully developed, and I was wearing baggy sweaters to cover them because people twice my age were hitting on me because they thought I was much older.
I covered my acne with makeup and started wearing Proactiv around 15. I gained a bit of weight, and I didn't grow very tall. I maybe shot up to 5'3" from 4'10". The doctor said that I would reach 6', and even though I will not technically stop growing until I'm 23, I do not think that I will grow much taller.
I felt very embarrassed around the other girls because most of them were very fit. I had been picked on for being chubby my whole life, and it did not stop in high school. I also had a problem with sweating. I often had to carry two extra shirts in my school bag. The sweat never seemed to have a scent, so that was one way I was lucky.