Public transport

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
My god, time goes so slowly at college; I guess 3 hours is not such a long time...
I hate getting up in the morning and having to catch the bus... which is what I was going at asks, what?s your option on public transport? I mean, disregard everything you?ve heard about global warming, think about it this way, if there was scientific evidence that if all people only used public transport ( this being ?Buses, trains, aeroplanes but a lot fewer.? Of course emergency transport would still be running.)
How do you think people would react, and do they think people (with all the selfish and everyone?s disregard for others safety) would never use their cars and taxis?
Give me your option on that idea, or even just what they think of public transport.

This is the third question today: D, its fun to ask important questions... no it?s not, but yeah, whatever.

Thanks for reading.
b

Mr Pantomime

Jul 10, 2010
I hate driving. I live about 10 minutes out of town, but its still annoying to drive in. Also, my town has terrible public transport. I want to move somewhere with a subway. Then I could go home no matter how drunk I am.

hurfdurp

Jun 7, 2010
It does the trick at this point, since I couldn't afford a car. I live on campus so I never have to go too far as it is, but I'm happy it's available.

Roganwilson

May 24, 2009
I use public transportation all the time. I don't drive, don't have a car, don't have car insurance, and don't need any of those. I live within a few miles of a bus station, so if I need to go somewhere farther than the store down the street, I walk for a few minutes and board the bus.

GrimTuesday

May 21, 2009
I like having the bus, I don't have to pay for gas ore anything, just $19 a quarter and I can ride the bus anywhere I want. The down side is I have to walk two miles to get to the damn thing, but I need the exercise so I try not to complain too much.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I don't like it, but there's nothing else available. I can't afford driving lessons yet, but will be getting some when I can. Having a car would be much better.
For now, I have to take the peasant wagon into work >_>

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
in Copenhagen its clean and buses come every 4 min, metro every other min and trains every 10 min, and we have multiple lines and routes, and all buses and trains have free wifi. and it really normal to take public, even for upper class, and most buses and trains are beginning to get tvs.

its one of the things that makes it hard for me to travel and impossible to move, im used to such a high level of quality.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
If public transport was decent enough, and cheap enough, then I'd consider it. As it is, the area I live in, the buses are never when you want them, and it doesn't really save you any money. Trains are pretty much the same story, but usually better on the timetabling. The places I go are very rarely near train stations though, so don't have much call for them (tho my partner commutes via train - about the same cost as driving, but he has nowhere to park near his work, so driving is impractical)

Some towns it's easier to use the park + ride, because parking is an issue or is expensive. Though one park + ride I know is more expensive if there's more than 2 of you (and of debatable value for 2 iirc) than parking in the town centre... not exactly winning over people with that one.

If public transport won people over, sure more would use it just on the principle the majority do, but I don't see that happening where I live. Ever.
And I'd still need a car for the weekly shop, unless I'm getting home delivery :p

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
I don't like it, but there's nothing else available. I can't afford driving lessons yet, but will be getting some when I can. Having a car would be much better.
oh GOD I agree. Quite sad that I'm almost thirty and still riding the bus!

Haha peasant wagon, awesome :p

Neko Pounce

WARGARBLE
Nov 15, 2010
Mr Pantomime said:
I hate driving. I live about 10 minutes out of town, but its still annoying to drive in. Also, my town has terrible public transport. I want to move somewhere with a subway. Then I could go home no matter how drunk I am.
Hell yeah. This ^^

smithy_2045

Jan 30, 2008
afaceforradio said:
EmileeElectro said:

Not at all sad. If the bus goes where you need it to go, you can do so much more on your trip than if you're driving.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
afaceforradio said:
EmileeElectro said:

Eurgh God, that reminds me. I was on the bus earlier and made the mistake of putting my hands on the rails, it made my hand STINK of piss. The chavvies upstairs were having a right little rave playing music on their phone too >___>

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I live in London, and while people ***** about it, it's still one of the best public transport systems in the world. A lot of people here drive and have bike licenses, but still use the Tube and Buses. There is absolutely no excuse to drink and drive in London

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
EmileeElectro said:
afaceforradio said:
EmileeElectro said:

Eurgh God, that reminds me. I was on the bus earlier and made the mistake of putting my hands on the rails, it made my hand STINK of piss. The chavvies upstairs were having a right little rave playing music on their phone too >___>
and that is why I hate the bus. It seems to be the Wagon for People With Mental Problems on my route.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Fortunatly I live in a convineient area for it (considering the state of public transport in Perth) Half an hour to the city, half an hour to uni
Lucky for me since I can't drive

how ever if I lived somewhere else it wouldn't be as convinent

Tipsy Giant

May 10, 2010
Public Transport is ridiculously expensive in england, I think it should be government run out of tax payers money, so people would choose public transport over their car as public transport is already paid for, it still leaves people the option of using private transport whilst giving an incentive to use public transport.

Tipsy Giant: saving the Environment and the Human race