Quality American Cartoons.

Jesterz

Jan 27, 2009
I'm a big anime fan. I'll finish one and jump straight into another. I remember, during my younger days, that I was genuinely surprised that Avatar: The Last Airbender was American made. Obviously looking back now i can tell it's American from the animation style. But the point is, i didn't believe American could create good animated shows.

At the moment, on recommendation from a friend, I am watching Samurai Jack. I have to say, it is amazing. Another that I thought of whilst writing this is Teen Titans, although i never watched it all in order, Thanks to Cartoon Network.

So i want to ask, What is your favourite American Cartoon Series and Why?

For Avatar: The Storyline with it's many memorable and well developed characters. The amount of World building that was done; defining each element and its teachings. A sense of suspense and urgency that is present throughout the series. Also the amount of research that went into Chinese culture to make everything seem that much more realistic.

For Samurai Jack: The simple artwork that looks stunning. The virtuous nature and constant suffering of Jack. The way that some episodes don't even have dialogue but suspense and wonder is still built up. And the fighting scenes which are long and detailed enough to satisfy.

Before anybody else says it, Yes, The Simpsons have over 400 episodes and great Social commentary and Yes, Family Guy is Hilarious but those are so popular that they should go without saying.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
A large majority of DC Comics' Animated series are fantastic, as well as any of the Spielberg Cartoons.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
The Maxx... because, well it's The Maxx. Didn't you ever ask yourself, "What happened to that rabbit I had as a kid?"

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Ed, Edd n Eddy and a bit of Animaniacs. The 90s cartoons from Disney and Cartoon Network were awesome

Skullman 125

Jan 25, 2010
Two words, Batman Beyond! Good god that show kicked ass.

I also like Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, Invader Zim, Cow & Chicken[what I like it], Ed Edd & Eddy, Johnny Bravo, & Avatar the Last Airbender.

Super Toast

Supreme Overlord of the Basement
Dec 10, 2009
Avatar and Futurama are quite possibly the two greatest animated shows in existence.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
DeadlyYellow said:
A large majority of DC Comics' Animated series are fantastic, as well as any of the Spielberg Cartoons.
Darn, there goes both my recommendations. But yes, Batman: the Animated Series is one of the best cartoons to come out of America, as is the Justice League.

And if you liked Samurai Jack, try out Star Wars: Clone Wars (the mini-series, not the new CG one--though that has its moments too). It was made by the same guy who did Samurai Jack.

KarmicToast

Nov 11, 2008
Honestly Avatar and Samurai Jack are pretty much the two best American cartoons out there. For comedy, its Futurama. The only other thing I could recommend is the Clone Wars two part miniseries (not the CGI version) that was done by the same animator as Samurai Jack.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
Look up any of the DCAU, but mainly Batman The Animated Series, Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited. They all have very good art styles, mature(ish) stories, and they don't show the Heroes in a stereotypical superhero manner, avoiding the sort of characterisation from the Adam West Batman or Superfriends shows.

Discord

Monk of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2009
I truly enjoyed

- Hey Arnold!

It had this Jazzy, City vibe about a kid haveing fun but also dealing with some issues that came up; there was a level of maturity about it. Almost every episod would make you laugh but then there were some that made you think and see how deep it was trying to be. Just look at the Christmas Episode or the Pigeon Man Episode; Deep and thought provking.

Runners up

- Code Name: Kids Next Door
- Static Shock

- And a Blast from the Past : SWAT Kats

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
DC / Marvel animated films are great to watch, that's about it. I don't faithfully watch any other american cartoons atm, except maybe for the Clone Wars which I enjoyed quite a lot.