Quantum Break Confirmed for Windows 10

JLF

Mar 2, 2010
Consumer friendly eh? Give me a version of Windows 10 with real privacy options and I'll buy your new OS for 300 euros (300 dollars). Bought windows 8.1 a week ago, hopefully with a little tweaking (removing some possible infringing updates) I can get it a bit more private. But I still feel more secure with Linux for personal affairs and correspondence.

Nazriel

Apr 4, 2010
JLF, if you have Windows 8.1, you can update it to 10 for free for most of the year yet. Unless they're not offering that outside of the US? There's an option to revert back to Win 8.1 within 30 days so you can try it and revert. Heads up.

As to the "Windows 10 as a platform" concept, MS had stated before they want XBox One and Windows 10 to be ...synonymous(?) with each other. Like, if a dev makes a game for the XOne, it will also work on PC as is. That was the rough idea I remember. Sounds neat if it prevents Arkham Knight scenarios from companies that just can't figure out how not so screw up ports. We'll see how it turns out in the hands of screw ups like WB.

JLF

Mar 2, 2010
Nazriel said:
JLF, if you have Windows 8.1, you can update it to 10 for free for most of the year yet. Unless they're not offering that outside of the US? There's an option to revert back to Win 8.1 within 30 days so you can try it and revert. Heads up.
Thank you for your well meaning post. I've tried windows 10 and I agree that win10 is a very good OS but there are very little privacy on it which I find very problematic. Hopefully they will offer a private option of windows 10 in the future but I doubt it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
On the otherside of the hill, some of the stuff on Twitter about this game being released on Win10 has the Xbone fanboys "saying" they cancelled their pre-orders of the game because it's going to be coming out on PC.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Btw. confirmed Win 10 Store exclusive which means: No proper Fullscreen mode (all Win 10 Apps run borderless Fullscreen window)
That means: No VDR/DSR, no injectors and reduced performance for SLI/CF if it works at all.

Windows store can kiss my ass.

Nazriel

Apr 4, 2010
JLF said:
Thank you for your well meaning post. I've tried windows 10 and I agree that win10 is a very good OS but there are very little privacy on it which I find very problematic. Hopefully they will offer a private option of windows 10 in the future but I doubt it.
That's cool, I can understand that. Privacy is a big issue with tech in all quarters these days. Thank you for the polite reply as well.