Quantum Levitation: The Coolest Science You'll See Today

ShAmMz0r

Oct 20, 2011
Craazhy said:
Something deep within my primal instincts is telling me to punch that contraption in the face. I think its Nature being pissed the fuck off.

And I realize only an American could say this, so I apologize in advance, but never mind developing useful technology out of this science. If you just sold me the magnet pad in the first scene and the track-table I would never play Xbox again.

You hear that? That's the sound of American capitalism getting a boner.
It gets boring really quick when you can do it whenever you like, trust me. Besides you'll be hard pressed to buy all the coolant you'll need to play with superconductors regularly.

And Nature is actually full of quantum effects, we are just not used to seeing all the delicious quirkiness manifest itself on larger scales.

Ryokai

Apr 4, 2010
Tel Aviv university? WHAT JEW MAGIC IS THIS?! THE ISRAELIS ARE FORGING AN ARMY OF WITCHES TO CONQUER US ALL!

Yes, yes, I'm Israeli myself, that was the joke.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Redingold said:
Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
Fucking magne-Awww.

OT: I have only question. Where is my hover-car?

EDIT: Wait, you said superconductors can conduct electricity without losing energy?

Wouldn't that a source of unlimited energy then?
No. You still need to get the electricity from somewhere first, which requires energy. It would, however, allow us to transfer electricity with no power loss. The only reason we don't do this is that superconductors have this annoying tendency of needing to be supercooled to work.
Maybe we should set up a city in the Antartic circle.