Question about Amazon refunds

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
If you refund something on Amazon, and that something includes taxes (like how buying a Vive off Amazon adds on about $40 in taxes), is the Sales Tax lost upon the refund?, or do you refund the taxed amount as well?

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I?ve never refunded anything on Amazon, but in pretty much every case in civilized society, a ?refund? entails everything you paid (nonrefundable deposits and such declarations withstanding.) Otherwise, you?d essentially be paying tax on a service/product you didn?t receive.

Mar 30, 2010
I've only ever had to return one item from Amazon, and everything I was charged for - item, VAT and postage - was repaid in full.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Silentpony said:
Grouchy Imp said:
I've only ever had to return one item from Amazon, and everything I was charged for - item, VAT and postage - was repaid in full.
Same, Full refunds for me.
I've gotten items refunded twice (once for a PS Vita case that, despite the item description, didn't actually fit on mine; and once for a book that was damaged on arrival), and both times I got a full refund, tax and shipping included.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Iv had several refunds from amazon as I buy everything there and if you request a refund as long as its defective or such you get a full refund.