Question About Fable III

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
I just want to know one thing. The Death System. Is it the same as fable II? Or is it an actual you die death(The only real kind of death)?

Geekosaurus

Aug 14, 2010
I hope so. I love that you couldn't really die. It was like somebody just made that 'wa-wa-waah' noise and you got to try again. I'm sick of restarting at checkpoints and loosing lives, I just want to be able to play the game through.

However, in answer to your question: I have no idea.

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
I don't know.

The only time I ever died up to the point where I am in the game is when I had to in order to have this guy's play go on as expected.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
I certainly hope so.

I always loved the little gips you'd get from Bandits in Fable II when you got back up after a death blow.

PauL o_O

Feb 15, 2009
There probably just sticking to the old "deathless" death. No one really had any complaints about it, so why change it.

Frozengale

Sep 9, 2009
Yeah I don't think Death is an actual Death, just a Knock-out. Which is kind of sad because the game so far is really fun, but there isn't much challenge. Like zHellas the only time I've died is when it was for the guys play.

Danman1

Mar 27, 2009
Straying Bullet said:
Danman1 said:
I just want to know one thing. The Death System. Is it the same as fable II? Or is it an actual you die death(The only real kind of death)?
No. It's confirmed you simply get "Knocked out". I don't know the exact consequences other than losing your shot at an achievement that states to play the entire main quest without getting knocked out once. From the gist of it, the game must be easy for you.
Well Damn. I really preferred the Fable I version. I love being overpowered and unkillable, but I still like the ridiculous notion that I could die.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
dancinginfernal said:
I certainly hope so.

I always loved the little gips you'd get from Bandits in Fable II when you got back up after a death blow.
I loved the things the bandits would when you used expression on them, especially if you were a male and started flirting with them as they're trying to kill you.

Hitting on them really confuses the fuck out of them and messes with their heads... especially the Highwaymen/Assassins who are so headfucked by your amorous advances that they loose the plot, they regress back to their troubled childhood and start crying for their mummy.

It's a shame it was so difficult to get a Highwayman/Assassin into a position where you could flirt with them without them attacking you, I only managed to do it when one got stuck in a doorway, but it revealed a lot about their character and their possibly abusive childhood and rich, sheltered upbringing.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
'Nother question here, what effect does your fable 2 save data have? Can I choose which character I want to use the data from ( I done multiple run through's ).

So, say I used my good character, could I select that character and use their deeds as the basis for how they are perceived in Fable 3? I know your their children, but as in how the world talks or how certain things are affected?

Just wanted to know if it was worth running through and finishing my "Complete good" character in time for Fable 3.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
zHellas said:
I don't know.

The only time I ever died up to the point where I am in the game is when I had to in order to have this guy's play go on as expected.
That was my only death too. I assume it's still the knock-out/ scar system though. I think it was mentioned in the manual but I could be mistaken. Dying in Albion is mostly difficult...

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
zHellas said:
I don't know.

That was my only death too. I assume it's still the knock-out/ scar system though. I think it was mentioned in the manual but I could be mistaken. Dying in Albion is mostly difficult...
The Knock-Out is there, but I dunno about the scar system.

I got "killed" twice. Then I became King.

And then I restarted and started a new playthrough as a Princess.