Question about pic topics.

chunkydude84

Feb 1, 2009
Can we have one with genuinely interesting and/or awesome pics with some meaningful discussion behind them, or are we doomed to have walls of wet cats, photoshoped Obama,or other equally retarded images?

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
Anything specific you had in mind for a thread about pictures that has discussion value?

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Most of them get locked within the first few posts anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
I believe anything is possible - it's just that it generally devolves into photos with no actual meaning being posted. Or something of that nature.
Again - anything is possible, but they just never usually inspire any discussion.

Sleekgiant

Redlin5 made my title :c
Jan 21, 2010
Threads are to be discussion based, not topics where you go "cool pick bro"

chunkydude84

Feb 1, 2009
Shepard said:
Anything specific you had in mind for a thread about pictures that has discussion value?
Well, I suck at explaining things, but here goes nothing.
What I love about this image is wile that monster is getting jacked up smack middle of a city, only one guy actually seems to give a shit. Are the locals that desensitized or is the lone guy imagining the situation? Not to mention it just looks awesome.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
Yeah, like everybody else is saying, they're pretty much useless here. 'The Artist Within Thee' being the only decent one. But that's not exactly a pic topic.

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
chunkydude84 said:
Shepard said:
Well, I suck at explaining things, but here goes nothing.
What I love about this image is wile that monster is getting jacked up smack middle of a city, only one guy actually seems to give a shit. Are the locals that desensitized or is the lone guy imagining the situation? Not to mention it just looks awesome.
I suppose its possible to create a thread where you post a picture and explain what you like about it; that could promote discussion. Its just that most picture threads are little more then: here's a picture, (insert one sentence here usually about how awesome/funny the picture is.) Picture threads tend not generate that much discussion. On a side note, that type of situation bothers me in games. Where you could just start shooting your gun and no one notices.