question about RE Operation Raccoon City...

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
I know the game is pretty bad in a lot of ways. but it's on sale for $8 on the PS store.. is it worth picking up given it's price now?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I actually had fun with RE:ORC, but the game had a huge problem with it. I could barely find anyone to ever play with. I did entire levels with my game set to 'open' and not once did I ever even get a ping. I think there was something wrong with the detection or something.
This game is a lot more fun if you have actual humans controlling the other players. The times that I did manage to find a game--and people played the campaign correctly and didn't just rush through it--the game was pretty solid. If you can find someone else to play with, then it's worth it. Especially for eight dollars.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
I played it with friends and had a lot of fun.

I also played it by myself and it was just... alright.

But for eight bucks? I'd go for it.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
I rented it from Redbox... returned it 30 minutes later. It just... felt so cheap and rushed and on being a 'multiplayer' experience over being a game in and of itself.

Take form that what you will.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
It doesn't add much of anything to the Resident Evil story, was declared non-canon by Capcom, and is a slog to play through. I would say only get it if you're a hardcore fan of the series.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well forget that it's called Resident Evil, understand that it's a generic third person zombie shooter and watch a gameplay video to round off your assessment. You won't get much out of it, but then it's not much money.

Also on the topic of "so fun with friends", watching paint dry is also fun with friends, does not mean watching paint dry is fun. Then again knowing you lot we would still get plenty of threads going "What's wrong with Paint Drying Game 2015" where you tell us all how undeserved the hate for it is and how much fun it is with friends...

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
For such a cheap price it's an alright romp, just bare in mind the base version has only half the content - they released the US special forces campaign as DLC.

It has some issues, mainly the low damage of weapons vs enemies, but it's not as bad as people say. It's definitely more fun co-op though.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
crazygameguy4ever said:
I know the game is pretty bad in a lot of ways. but it's on sale for $8 on the PS store.. is it worth picking up given it's price now?
I borrowed it from a friend and I wouldn't consider the free lend good value for money...In fact I would consider it fair if he were to pay me.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
well its not a great game but at 8 bucks its good enough as a zombie 3ps in my opinion though thats probably saying something about the state of 3ps games on the market. anyway i got it for like $20 and was happy enough with it i have it on PC ive got all the DLC but its not worth the extra cash

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Nope not worth it. I got a copy for something like £3 and that was more than it was worth. If you're after a competitive multiplayer shooter there's an abundance of better options, if you want a good Resi game 1,2 ,3 and 4 are all great choices (especiallly 4 imo) with 5 and 6 being pretty meh but they do have online play. Operation Raccoon City is outright the worst shooter and the worst Resi game I've ever played and just generally one of the worst games I've ever played. Maybe it's more fun playing with a group of friends but then what isn't; hell i even had a bit of fun playing Colonial Marines because I played with friends.

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
I thought it was quite fun. Not amazing, but it does get frustrating when you come across anything more than a standard zombie and have to empty all your ammo into it. (How many HMG rounds to kill not one, but TWO tyrants!?)

Although, 8 bucks, go for it