Question of the Day, April 18, 2010

Layz92

May 4, 2009
If I wanted to dick around growing things and custom building stuff with no end in sight I would reinstall The Sims. As it stands I am choosing never to play farmville. Maybe I would specifically with the intent to get banned.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Where's the "I haven't played it but I don't care for it one way or another"-option?

Hate is such a ridiculously strong word to use in this context...
Exactly. Why does a poll on this subject require love/hate?

Mark me down for a simple, "No," minus the hate.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Where's the "I haven't played it but I don't care for it one way or another"-option?

Hate is such a ridiculously strong word to use in this context...
This. I haven't tried it because its not my sort of thing, but I feel that the hate people have towards it is a bit over the top.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I played to the point where the game expected me to fork over money to advance further. I don't even touch it, nowadays.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
I've tried it, but it just wasn't fun. It was like the grind of World of Warcraft but without the social aspect. All the social parts of Facebook weren't on Farmville, they were elsewhere on the site.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Haha. I love that no one has said yes yet. I voted I hated it. But I have tried it. And I hated it. Hence my vote.

VanBasten

Aug 20, 2009
Never tried it, so i can't hate it and obviously don't like it. Therefore you're lacking a "completely uninterested" option. ;)

L34dP1LL

Mar 6, 2010
I dont know how "that" can be considered a game.
if I wanted to be mindlessly clicking on little squares i'd be playing minesweeper.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I voted No, but I'm not pleased with the phrasing of the responses.

No, I do not play Farmville but I do not hate it. Hating it would require me to have actually played it to the point where I could form such a strong opinion.

Better options would have simply been: Yes, No, I've tried it, I've never tried it.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
No I don't. I've always been annoyed by the constant spamming of my page with people's ads telling me about their stupid farm. I've never even bothered to try it. The only game like that I tried to play was like the Mafia Wars game, played it for about 3 minutes, and left. It didn't even feel like a game. It felt like a text based adventure game except instead of you typing in words, the game typed in words for you.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
No. Played Cafe World for a few months because some girl wanted me to... later realized how stupid it was and deleted it...

Epifols

Aug 30, 2008
Failed poll, it assumes that if we've never played it then we hate it.

Or that if we have, we love it. What kind of logic is that?

SavingPrincess

Bringin' Text-y Back
Feb 17, 2010
StriderShinryu said:
I voted No, but I'm not pleased with the phrasing of the responses.

No, I do not play Farmville but I do not hate it. Hating it would require me to have actually played it to the point where I could form such a strong opinion.

Better options would have simply been: Yes, No, I've tried it, I've never tried it.
Yes, lately the poll responses are trolling options only. It's like whoever is writing them are encouraging troll behavior. It's kind of annoying.

TankCopter

Jul 8, 2009
Tried it to see what all the fuss was about, didn't get it or like it, stopped playing after two days. According to my friends you need to play it for longer to like it, but I don't see why I should force myself to play something I don't like until I like it. That said, I don't hate Farmville, I just don't understand the appeal of it.

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
I played it a bit, not anymore.
I avoid facebook and similar stuff like the plague now a days.

hi0marc

Mar 12, 2010
I see it as Travian for simple folk- and travian got boring after a week...

Poll should be less decisive upon our opinions too.