Question of the Day, December 12, 2010

warps

Jun 10, 2009
So is this supposed to mean that over 80% of people voting in this poll have never played tetris? That's not possible.

geier

Oct 15, 2010
Who said "have played" ?
I still play Dune II, there are enough mods for the game to play it for all eternity.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Twad said:
X-Com is still my favorite on that list.
Its hard, its merciless. But i just love it.
there's a fan game called "UFO:Alien Invasion" that is really fun, it retakes some elements that made the essence of the original game: http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/News

Halceon

Jan 31, 2009
warps said:
So is this supposed to mean that over 80% of people voting in this poll have never played tetris? That's not possible.
Nope. The results are calculated as though this was a "one of the above" poll. If you alone vote for tetris and guitar hero, you create a 50-50 situation.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Street Fighter II, Super Mario Bros., Tetris, Dune II, Doom... and that's it for me, I think.

SadisticPretzel

Nov 29, 2010
Tetris has the most votes...Love it! Is there really anyone out there who hasn't played Tetris?

I still play Civilization. I haven't really kept up with the Mario series, but I still play the old ones. 2 was the best in my opinion. I'll play Guitar Hero when I get the chance, but I don't own it.

warps

Jun 10, 2009
Halceon said:
Nope. The results are calculated as though this was a "one of the above" poll. If you alone vote for tetris and guitar hero, you create a 50-50 situation.
It seems roundabout. Thank you for making it clear for me though.

On the other hand, I'm amazed Dune II hasn't gotten that much attention.

Casimir_Effect

Aug 26, 2010
People need to learn about Dune 2 and Ultima. There should be a rule demanding you play those games before you get to play anything else. Damn kids today

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Super Mario Bros., Tetris, Doom, Street Fighter II, and Resident Evil; not the original version of Resident Evil mind, but the remake on the Gamecube, but little difference.
Also, while I haven't played the original Civilization, I have played entries in that series so I wasn't sure if I should check that one off.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Everything but Resident Evil, and for most of those, I played them a lot, and all their sequels. Of course, I've been gaming for the better part of 25 years at this point. :)

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Only 17% have played SMB? Really? That's kind of shocking.

I've played Street Fighter II, Super Mario Bros., Tetris, Doom, Resident Evil, King's Quest, Guitar Hero, and John Madden. So, all of them except Ultima, X-Com, Dune II, and Civilization.

Edit: Ah, the percentages don't reflect the percentages of total respondents. They reflect the percentage of the total votes. Well, in that case the compiled data is kind of meaningless.

Crowser

Feb 13, 2009
Super Mario Bros
Street Fighter 2
Doom
Tetris
Guitar Hero
Resident Evil

Best one was Street Fighter 2

dnadns

Divine Ronin
Jan 20, 2009
All of... wait...

That was a trick question to show me how old I am!

Curses!