Question of the Day, December 17, 2010

rockyoumonkeys

Aug 31, 2010
Poor delusional people thinking that the GOTY version is going to work any better than the current one.

Obviously you didn't play Fallout 3 GOTY, which was actually MORE broken than the regular version.

I played this on the PS3 right after it came out, and it worked just fine for the first 30 hours or so. As the save file got bigger, the crashes came more frequently, until by the end (75 hours or so), it was crashing several times a night.

I've since sold it for close to what I paid for it, and grabbed the X360 version instead (knowing I would try again eventually and deciding I'd rather play it on the X360 the second time...oddly, I did the same thing with FO3. This time it was mostly because I was experiencing sound issues which I've since concluded were at least partly due to the PS3 itself).

Didn't know a major patch was coming, but I'm not convinced it'll really fix anything.

joes

Oct 15, 2010
this game is a sci-fi nerds dream. can't wait to start my new gunslingin badass servant of caesar character with this new patch.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
Actually, after the patch it crashed on me. But this time, it wasn't just the game, it took out my entire computer. The sad thing was it was (mostly) behaving itself from launch until now.

Mar 9, 2010
I haven't noticed the change. I still get the occasional 'gun jump' where my gun will randomly jump over my head or shoulders. Other than that, I never had a problem with a bug.

akibawall95

Mar 30, 2010
The patch did not fix everything I am stuck a the brotherhood part of For the Republic 2. I finished Still in the dark and the Elder said for me to come back later because he is working to lift the lockdown but I have come back several times and he says the same thing.

Helgi

Sep 27, 2009
I'm waiting for a game of the year edition. It's not because I think it's going to have any less bugs though. I just want to buy the game and all the DLC in one package for less money later.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Looks like I've got to go after the food achievement now. I never really came across a game-breaking bug though except, when I used the DLC pack. Still don't think I'll use it though since I don't play hardcore and the water canteen is the most valuable item in said pack.

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
If the patches will be availible in a retail shelf for the 360, and NOT just xbox live, I'll consider it.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Considering I don't currently have a good enough computer to play it and the fact that I don't want to deal with DLC, I will probably wait for the GOTY edition.

Tahmoh

Sep 1, 2008
I'll get it eventually once i finish Mass Effect2 and a bunch of other games that i still need to complete(including fallout3)

Dindril

Jan 16, 2009
I'm waiting for Christmas before I get it. This patch just makes me feel better about the purchase.

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
Had it day 1 of the European release xD completed it like 4 times xD

Kermi

Elite Member
Nov 7, 2007
I already have it, but now I might actually go finish it if the patch makes it playable.