Question of the Day, December 20, 2010

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Assuming "downloadable" = "downloaded", then that one. I stream a ton of movies off my PC, but I also have Netflix. Actually for the last 6 months or so I'd say I've put more time on my PS3 watching movies than actual gaming.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
just gaming.
I have DVD player for dvd's see.
And a computer for internet.

Owyn_Merrilin

May 22, 2010
I voted other, partially because the main thing I use my family's Wii for isn't really represented, and partially because it's different from the non-gaming activity my parents use the PS2 they bought as a cheap DVD player replacement for, and there isn't a "more than one of the above" option.

I have a home-brew enabled Wii, which I do not use to pirate video games. Instead, I use it as a way to get videos and music up over a TV and sound system that doesn't have hookups matching my laptop. It's a nice way of space-shifting my media files, especially since my laptop has a 15.6 inch 16:9 screen, while the TV in question is an old 32 inch standard def monster; it's roughly equivalent to the 4:3 area of a modern 40+ inch HDTV, and makes watching videos that are already somewhere in the area of standard def a whole lot better. I didn't vote "watching downloaded videos" because I feel like that would imply that I got them through the console's built in video store, like the shows you can by on the PSN store, which obviously isn't the case with a Wii.

Sadly, that Wii doesn't get used for much more than that; I do most of my gaming on my PC, the rest of my family doesn't play videogames, and as a result, the family's Wii library is somewhat lacking in quality games. Then again, I can only think of three or four games that I don't have that I actually want -- the Wii's hardware has so much potential, but the software is somewhat lacking.

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
I mainly just use my consoles for gaming outside of that I use my Wii for a bit of web browsing and my 360 is my main DVD player.

Mythiii

Apr 3, 2010
All I have an old Xbox wihich is used as our main DVD player because the subtitles work unlike on our other more expensive DVD-player. I chose other because that is the primary function of my console.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I use my PS3 to watch TV. The PlayTV tuner allows you tocwatch an record TV broadcasts. Even over your PSP. It's only just got the series record function that has been missing and it is one of he best Freeview DVRs I've seen. You just need a big hard drive.

Humanfactor

Jul 15, 2009
I don't own a console, but I do see my PC as a viable gaming platform. I will be getting a PS3 in a few months and I will use it for Folding@home just as I do with my PC when I'm not gaming.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
i selected other, because i tend to download movies, copy them wirelessly over to my PS3, and watch em there. in fact, this is what i use my PS3 for more than gaming. funny how it works.

Yaxley

Sep 23, 2009
All of my Wii usage and about half of my PS3 usage is streaming Netflix. So glad I don't need those discs anymore.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Other: I use it as a phone substitute for friends, and I use it to watch game videos on the Xbox Dashboard; Not TV or films, I mean trailers and such.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Using the internet is the only other thing I have ever done with a console.

The experience was very underwhelming, giving clear superiority to the PC.

alfrodul

Mar 19, 2009
My NES and Atari 2600 are nine time-zones away, probably somewhere in my mom's basement. I've been a PC-only gamer since 1994.