Question of the Day, December 24, 2010

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Probably not at all. Portal was good for a lark, but it was a short gimmicky gamew that failed to hold much interest.

I bought it for free on Steam. Can I have my free back?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
360 so I can play the co-op.
But I would like it on PS3. Maybe both, it's worth the money.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
No surprise that most people are buying it off steam.. I mean, Valve owns the service and the game, why not? Not to mention the sales, the deals and the updates all work better on Steam than on other platforms(though maybe not once Steamworks get to PS3?)

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
PC Digitally Purchase.

I actually prefer disc copies of games... but valve games usually REQUIRE steam anyway so it doesn't really matter in this case.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
PC, but I'm not sure yet how. I'll probably just pick it off Steam when I can pre-order it with that nice pre-order discount Steam offers. If they don't do that, eh, we'll see.

Doesn't matter to me that much with Portal 2. I usually prefer disc copies, but it's a Valve game, they pretty much bud from Steam.
Dana22 said:
Hybrid of digital-retail.
Huh?

Retardinator

Nov 2, 2009
PC retail. Nothing beats having a fancy box on your shelf. If anything, I'll buy it for the pure sake of my Valve game collecting obsession.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Im going to buy a cdkey (Which someone obviously took out of the boxes he bought wholesale), and then Im gonna register that key on Steam.

This way I can save around 15%, thanks to the lame Euro prices and rates.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Dana22 said:
Cowabungaa said:
Im going to buy a cdkey (Which someone obviously took out of the boxes he bought wholesale), and then Im gonna register that key on Steam.

This way I can save around 15%, thanks to the lame Euro prices and rates.
Ahhh, what a strange way to buy a game. Then again, if it saves you money, it's a clever way.

-Torchedini-

Gone Bonzo
Dec 28, 2009
PC but the cheapest one I can get.
Coz every copy probably needs to be activated on steam anyway, So it will be a retail version because steam doesnt do sales on justreleased games.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I was lucky enough to win a competition on the Portal 2 forums that will gift me Portal 2 on Steam once it's released :D

Hassao

Jul 2, 2010
Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam Steam
plus there will most likley be a 10% off for pre-orders and a TF2 hat ot something