Question of the Day, December 30, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, December 30, 2010

Square-Enix will be re-releasing four of its classic PS1 RPGs on the PlayStation Network for PSP and PS3. Which of the four are you most excited about?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Legend of Mana.

That's my favorite JRPG of all time!

Also, very fond memories of Threads of Fate. VERY FOND.

Spookimitsu

Aug 7, 2008
I'll gladly wait for an online playable Bushido Blade 2. Then I will get excited.
Please don't point me towards Kengo (ack >< )

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I haven't played any of those... Those who have, which do you recommend and why?

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
While I'd love a re-release of one of the PS1 Final Fantasies, I guess I'd go for Vagrant Story, simply for the fact that I've never played it but heard good things.

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
Well considering i've got 7/8/9 and Vagrant Story then its going to have to be Legend of Mana

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Ok, seriously? Vagrant Story gets kicked to the curb? Vagrant Story?! Vagrant Story was one of the best non-FF RPGs on the PSx! It was horribly underrated at the time. Nobody played it because of Final Fantasy. Though it was quite an amazing game!!

Also; Sorry one guy who voted for Threads of Fate. It was a great game, too!

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Aku_San said:
Ok, seriously? Vagrant Story gets kicked to the curb? Vagrant Story?! Vagrant Story was one of the best non-FF RPGs on the PSx! It was horribly underrated at the time. Nobody played it because of Final Fantasy. Though it was quite an amazing game!!
Fun ironic fact; Vagrant Story takes place in Ivalice, the Final Fantasy Tactics and XII world.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Denamic said:
Aku_San said:
Fun ironic fact; Vagrant Story takes place in Ivalice, the Final Fantasy Tactics and XII world.
That is a fun, ironic fact!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Never played one of these games so I can't say.

From what I hear though the games listed are very good, but I can't decide which to start with.

Rayansaki

May 5, 2009
Aku_San said:

Also; Sorry one guy who voted for Threads of Fate. It was a great game, too!
The question is why is Vagrant Story even getting a single vote, anyone that really wanted it could have just made an european account and bought it by now, its been there for over a year, while the other 3 have no english version on PSN at all.

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
Threads of fate, it's the only one of those that I don't already own, did it even have a release over in Europe?

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Bought FFVIII off PSN a few days ago because its one of my fave games of all time so i couldnt really care about any of the others