Question of the Day, February 1, 2011

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, February 1, 2011

Yesterday, we saw some frankly mind-boggling numbers [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107423-Black-Ops-Players-Murder-the-Planet-Nine-Times-and-Other-Crazy-Stats] about Call of Duty: Black Ops. Are you one of the players who has helped contribute to a death toll that eclipses the global population nine times over?

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
lol, i can't vote on the poll yet! weird. but yes, i play it on occasion, between my bits of tf2. well, when i play video games these days..

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
uppitycracker said:
lol, i can't vote on the poll yet! weird. but yes, i play it on occasion, between my bits of tf2. well, when i play video games these days..
Yeah, for me it says 2:19pm... kinda a random time? But anyway, no. I quit after World at War. I did rent MW2, played the campaign, and didn't care for it. Didn't try online because I my friend did on his and it fried his PS3's laser reader. So I never bothered with BLops.

I might consider getting BLops if they release the map packs free on PC (like that will ever happen), but right now I'm having fun with Breach. Thinking about getting Homefront, too.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I'm pretty sure the poll will include a "yes" option (multiple "yes" options, even) when it is fixed.

Yeah, I'm one of those people. There's no way I'm going to miss a CoD game.

I don't really care that much for the multiplayer, but it's the best it has been in a while.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Well no poll, but no I don't play it. I can't afford it on PS3 at the moment, so I'm stuck with the PC version, which happens to be a glitchy piece of shit, to say the least.

Besides, I know I'm not missing anything. I figured out most of the plot by the time I got to the Khe Sanh level, and just went to a friends house, played the last two missions, and that was that.

It's depressing just how far downhill the writing has gone since the first Modern Warfare.

Revenge Revisited

The Doctor Called Me Special! :D
Dec 2, 2009
Hunh. First time I've not been able to vote on these polls. Anyway, no, I've not played Black Ops or any other Call of Duty game, and most likely I never will.

Lyri

Dec 8, 2008
STOOPID STAFF FIX POLL PLZ I CNT VOAT!!!!!!!

OT: Nah I don't play it, I did play CoD4 originally but after that I never played CoD:WoW, MW2 or BlackOps.
I didn't feel like committing myself like I did to that title.

DaHero

Jan 10, 2011
Never have, and never will, ever. I hate multiplayer based FPS games with a passion because they aggravate my allergies. See, I'm allergic to stupid or immature people. Then there's the BS that comes with unloading half a magazine into someone only to be shot once and die.

carpenter20m

Nov 9, 2009
I've got TF2 since 2007. I don't need (and haven't bought) ANY other multiplayer games after that. So, no, I don't play COD: Black Ops.

Well, I do have games with online components (like Crysis Wars, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic), but they have never been installed, nor will they ever be (even if somehow they get a big following all of a sudden).

Besides, it's a matter of principle. I see no reason why there should be a market spot for a new COD game every year. I don't get why an "awesome" game all of a sudden becomes obsolete when the new and shiny one comes along. Apparently there is such a market spot, but consider my non-buying it an act of resistance.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I don't particularly want to buy it, or even play it all that much, but I saw a video of a section of the came where Sympathy for the Devil plays in the background... I wouldn't mind playing that bit, and my friend told me about another bit with some Credence Clearwater Revival in the background too, I'd like to play that bit too. But thats about it... other than that it doesn't interest me, none of the CODs have really.

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
My brother got it and I played it for about 5 days. I then wished I had those 5 days back. It was kinda boring. Played it yesterday, I really want to finish the story all the way though... but I feel so damn sleepy when playing it. It just kinda bores me.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I've rented and beaten the campaign of Modern Warfare 2...I don't think that counts though since I didn't touch the multiplayer. Completely not interested in Black Ops.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sorry about that, folks. Had a weird bug where the poll was inserted using GMT (as in, 5 hours ahead of the time it should have gone live at).

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Well, my bro bought and I play it every now and then but I prefer MW2. Mostly cause it is on the present day. I cannot play a game that gives me attack dogs and a chopper for 11 kills when in another I have a chopper gunner and a ac 130 for the same amount of kills.

The general feel of modern firearms is more appealing to me.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
I went to a friend's house and played the "I made a game with zombies in it!!!" homage for about an hour, but that was about it. I already played MW2 in the past, so nothing else in this game was anything new to me. It's not a bad game at all, I just don't feel the urge to buy or play it much.