Question of the Day, January 22, 2011

bladester1

Feb 5, 2008
March is going to be a very painful month for my wallet. The 3DS (including games), this game, and I'm sure quite a few others will becoming out.

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Heard of it, seen it plenty of times, know it's published by THQ and is a FPS. Nothing else, no trailers, screenshots.

Right now I'm only waiting for Dungeons.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Alon Shechter said:
I never heard of it until yesterday when BAM! it was suddenly EVERYWHERE.
That's exactly what just crossed my mind... Plus, I'm not too fussed on FPS' in general, so I doubt very much I'll be buying it. I'mma save my money and wait for the only definate first day purchases I'll be making for this half of 2011: Portal 2 and DA:2.

sniperworm

Apr 16, 2009
All the videos I've seen of it made it look like CoD with tanks, certainly something I intend to keep at arms length since there is Bulletstorm coming.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
Nah not even bothered about it may develop an interest if it has a decent singleplayer campaign but if it it's another multiplayer with a tacked on singleplayer ala cod then i'm out.

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
I had read about in in PC Gamer and it looked okay. Will probably be just another generic FPS shooter. Might get it during a steam sale or something.

Dularn

Nov 7, 2006
I think it looks like a very promising game but alas they are using regional pricing to try and rip off my region as is the norm with most game developers these days.

US Steam price - $49.99 USD
AU Steam Price - $79.99 USD

And this is for a digital copy which is free from Australian GST(our tax) as it is from an international website for under $1000.

So it looks like another game I'll be avoiding until a long time after release when the prices become less shitty.

Having to pay 60% more for the exact same product? As far as I'm concerned whoever made that decision can go and jump off a bridge or something.

EDIT: At least this game will actually have aussie servers which is a plus. Usually we get the 60-100% markup AND have to cope with the horrible ping of US only servers. So 60-100% more for an inferior service.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not interested in the game at all, but the price increase for us Aussies for no known reason other than corporate greed is enough for me to change my 'uninterested' to an outright 'no'. I don't support that kind of behaviour.

EDIT: ...Well damn, see preceding post ^

Echo136

Feb 22, 2010
a lot of people in my gaming community want this game, but I just feel very meh about it.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Yesterday was the first I've heard of it. I haven't seen any promotional material and I don't particularly care to.

Ranchcroutons

Sep 12, 2010
When it was announced I was really excited for it but the more they show of the game the more it seems like a generic military fps. Sad.

Burningsok

Jul 23, 2009
It looks like a CoD type of game. However, I do like the concept of America being taken over, and you having to fight back. It's a little different.