Question of the Day, January 30, 2011

Arkley

Mar 12, 2009
Yeah, I accidentally bought it from XBLA. I meant to just download the trial, but it was late and I'd already taken my contacts out and I spent points on it by mistake. I played the first few levels and was furious with myself, I found it incredibly boring. But, I'd already spent the points and was determined to, if nothing else, get a few achievements out of it. As the game went on, I found myself thoroughly enjoying it. I got 100% completion and the only thing I regret is that there wasn't more content.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
PC, it's pretty good.

And it might be the only "strategy" game that works really well on a console, no flamebait.

PlasmaSnake13

Dec 8, 2010
Hands down the MUST-HAVE game on the iPhone/iPod Touch. If you own either one and don't have PvZ, I pity you. I really do.

But seriously, amazingly addictive game.

Hungry Donner

Henchman
Mar 19, 2009
I'm not a fan of tower defense games, I understand the appeal but they seem to devolve in to grinding very quickly. Maybe PvZ handles this better, I have heard good things about it, but it's still something I'm going to skip.

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
I don't have PvZ yet. I will one day. But I don't want it on my PS3, I want it on my Droid...

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I played it once on a demo laptop at an Office Max for about ten minutes, but got completely bored of it. I can't really get into tower defense games, and I still regret paying full price for Defense Grid on Steam since I've only played it once.

I do remember PvZ having a really catchy song attached to it, which I mistakenly played for my friends. I watched for weeks as they played PvZ non-stop.

Danish rage

Sep 26, 2010
Tower defence games are not my cup of tea. Never been, probably never will be.

I would like to like them.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
I never understood why (many) people usually put Sunflowers on the first (or last, depending on how you look at it) Row.

Sure, gathering Sunlight is important, but even more important is not having Zombies in the House. As such, i usually put Sunflowers on the second row and use the first one for pea shooters. Sunflowers may occassionally bite it, but that buys the shooters often time to finish off the Zombie. Also, Sunflowers are cheaper to replace...

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I found out the other day that the game is actually on my computer, or at least there is a shortcut to it. I haven't tried it out yet so I dunno if it works. Maybe Its just a download link or something, trying to get me to buy it... Cheeky laptop.