Question of the Day, July 29, 2010

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Lego Twilight sounds interesting and mind blowing, i mean, have you seen how they portray vampires in Lego??

hahahaha

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Twilight, simply because seeing the anguish of the vampire-loving teenage girls as they're sparkly idols become children's toys would hilarious.

Ciran

Feb 7, 2009
I went with the Starcraft option, though there are a lot of other things that I could list that I would have liked to see made into a Legos.
Zelda is one of the main ones I would like to see done, and I've been suggesting that from the age of 10, so it actually seems like it would be a natural choice. Colorful locations (especially large dungeons and castles, which is what Legos seems to be made for), lot's of peripheral but distinctive characters, and just a lot of things that Legos seems to use when making sets.
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I really don't get why Discworld is such a popular option. Don't get me wrong, I love the books, more than a lot of people I know, but most of the reason I like it is the writing (dialogue, the way things are worded, and especially the footnotes). Though I do like some of the character, it just doesn't seem like the most visually distinctive world (compared to some other options), which means that Legos wouldn't have a lot to go with.

Tyro The Fox

Jul 28, 2010
'Colour of Magic' is TV special for Sky over here in England. For everything else...Ummm...get the Author in to check on what the developer makes up? Just to make sure its a justified representation.

Jayjay34

Sep 4, 2009
I'm a bit confused. By Lego-ized, do you mean just a Lego set of the toy, or an actual game (like Lego Starwars?) For a game, I want to say Discworld, but then that would ruin it for me :(. Discworld needs a real game (on a current-gen consul) before a Lego game.
As for a toy set, then Discworld would still be my vote.I want to see how the Unseen University would be made into a set...

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Belladonnah said:
ultimateownage said:
None, turning stuff into lego is a stupid idea. Besides, how the hell do you lego-ise a book?
Same way they lego-ized harry potter?
Yes, but they made plenty of harry potter movies and games before it, didn't they? I hope they just leave Terry Pratchett's work alone.

Aug 25, 2009
LEGO-ise Toy Story!

Also, the Marvel universe and DC universe in full. Instead of just Batman, have a full DC LEGO game, and imagine getting to switch around the Avengers. Funtimes.

Fallout would be funny to see as LEGO, as would the Matrix or Max Payne, but if you were going to do any slow motion over the top series you should do Wanted, by Mark Millar.

Guthie

Oct 12, 2009
Yeah, I picked Twilight only because having your franchise LEGOized strikes me more as a last gasp for popular recognition than an improvement upon existing excellence. Although Twilight probably would be improved by being LEGOized - at least then the characters would have more depth. ^^;

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
While a Lego Starcraft (or maybe a franchise that could work as a Lego RTS like Lord of the Rings) sounds cool I would like to see any sort of Lego RTS; they may put the fun back in resource building.

However, I had to click Discworld. I'm just too much of a Pratchett fan; my head exploded from just the notion.
But are there any Discworld Lego Kits out there?

Jun 7, 2010
cdb73 said:
Twilight. I would love to literally rip apart the characters over and over again for being so stupid.[/quo
Blue-State said:
cdb73 said:
Twilight. I would love to literally rip apart the characters over and over again for being so stupid.
When you put it like THAT it's hard to argue, but the less Twilight there is, the better.
it would be satisfying to see count fagula die over and over again