Question of the Day, March 14, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, March 14, 2010

Civilization V certainly looks to be shaping up well, but what about that other upcoming Civ?

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
Do not care about that facebook crap. Civ 5 plz. I want ranged units that actually attack from afar.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Eh. I only played Civ Rev on 360. I like the idea of winning through culture and economy in Civ Rev...but you end up needing a strong military to defend against the aggressive AI. Pisses me off.

So, I can't say I'm excited.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Um... whats up with the poll taking 3 hours to arrive after the thread?
I may get Civ5, but only if Ubisoft aren't doing that stupid DRM thing.
What other "upcoming Civ" are we talking about exactly?

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
The one for Facebook. Not something I can see myself playing. I've resisted Facebook as much as I can.

I think I said in a previous thread - Keep your stinking social site out of my Game.

Zepren

The Funnyman
Sep 2, 2009
Hey! I quite like the wee facebook games like mafia wars and texas hold em. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with them. anything anyone finds wrong with them is merely opinion.

Johnmw

Mar 19, 2009
Might be good to bring people into the franchise. I LOVE the civ series, even revolution (although if its the only one you've played then please try another, they are so much deeper and more fun). But I don't really use facebook so I probably won't be playing this instalment.

KillerRabbit

Jan 3, 2009
I use facebook alot, but only the "lite" verision of it - there I only get status updates. The downside with facebook is the "#()=! notifications you get "How would your life be as a flower - quiz", the 1945th "Mafia wars" invite, and Farmville notification spam... it's something I hate so much I almost explode if I accidentaly go to facebook's main site instead of the lite site.

To sum it up - I will never use facebook applications - ever.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
Might be good however I figure highly addictive and I'm meant to be passing a degree here, not wasting my time on internet sites

Oh wait

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
If they don't handle it like mafia wars (x amount of energy for any task, have to wait for it to recharge) it might be a solid meh. Awaiting Civ 5 much more.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Not a Facebook fan.

I'm not really a Civ fan either, and I doubt I would play it even if I used Facebook more than a couple times a year like I currently do, but the not using Facebook angle is probably the more notable issue for me.