Question of the Day, March 22, 2010

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
I don't care for valve games to be honest, I sold my orange box back to gamestop two weeks after getting it without haveing finished either of the episodes.

I'll vote portal though since it's the only one whose sequal I will buy.

JMV

Sep 25, 2009
They all feel pretty much the same, except for Portal, but I somehow would rather save Half-Life 2. It was still the most fun out of all of those.

Samarith

Feb 20, 2010
Portal all the way, sure the others are great games but there's nothing else like Portal out there.

Plenty of other FPS and multiple player games to choose from

Aenir

Mar 26, 2009
God damn this is the hardest poll ever...I honestly can not pick between them. I can't even bring myself to flip a coin, this is too hard...

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Andronicus said:
As much as I would love to choose Portal, I'd have to go Team Fortess 2, simply because it has a lot more lasting appeal.
You have basically stolen my entire opinion on the matter.

Generator

May 8, 2009
I've only ever payed the Left 4 Dead games and, even though they were fun, I would save Portal because it's the only Valve game that I haven't played that I really want to play.

acklumos

May 1, 2009
I'd say Team Fortress 2, because it's one of the few multiplayer games I actually like, and the Valve game I play the most. Portal comes in a close second, though. I like L4D, L4D2, and Half-life 1 (although still not as much as TF2), but I didn't like HL2 or its episodes, nor did I like Counter-Strike.

Anticitizen_Two

Jan 18, 2010
TF2. I've already played Portal and the Half-Lives, so I could do without replaying them, and I like TF2 the most out of their multiplayer games.

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
Contun said:
How DARE you force me to make that decision...
^^THIS.

BlindMessiah94 said:
Not to be a Portal fanboy, but the game is just too original to not be spared. The other games are great, but not as unique of an experience as Portal is.
And I agree. Even with the awesomeness of all their games, gotta go with this one.
2nd-TF2
3rd-L4D
4th-Half Life

the rest can go suck it. great games, but they got NOTHIN' on these 4.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I gotta go with Portal. Most of these games are in the top 5 top games of their respective sub-genres but the fact remains that there are still others like each one. Portal and HL2 are the only 2 really unique options. I haven't played either one so I don't know which is better but the genie asked so I will choose Portal to survive.

Feste

Jul 14, 2009
I voted to save TF2.

I've never played Half-Life, 1 OR 2, so (I know, they're on my to-play list) I can do without them.
Portal 2 is noticeably NOT on the list, so I'll let Portal go, knowing I'll get the sequel.
Left 4 Dead already has a sequel, so it can go.
Counter-Strike is fun, but it's had a good long run.
And finally, I really love Left 4 Dead 2, but I play TF2 with a lot of my friends and I'd miss the experience.

SullyE

Jun 23, 2008
Half Life is a great game and the only pre-00s game I come back and replay every year or so. All the other games lack content, or are just not fun (TF2), or are super short (Portal). Oh, and I have a hate for Half Life 2 that should be legendary and I think it's one of the most poorly-designed, boring games I've ever played and I hate all the NPCs.

thom_cat_

Nov 30, 2008
"That gaming-obsessed genie" is a real *****. This is the toughest decision... but I'd have to go with Hl2 and its episodes... Portal is good but it doesn't compare.
Tf2 is multiplayer and is going downhill with the hats... I love it, but no.
CSS while it is one of my most played games, it lacks depth.